machinists

So, anybody ever messed with a rennishaw HPMA tool setter in a CNC machine?

I broke ours last week and I wanna know if I have to get a new one or if I can fix this one? Basically its supposed to be motorized and is no longer bacause something broke inside the drive. I dont know how to open up the drive system though. aaaaaargh this thing sucks! peace.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, anybody ever messed with a rennishaw HPMA tool setter in a CNC machine?

I broke ours last week and I wanna know if I have to get a new one or if I can fix this one? Basically its supposed to be motorized and is no longer bacause something broke inside the drive. I dont know how to open up the drive system though. aaaaaargh this thing sucks! peace.

Do you use it to set geometry offsets?

Yeah, we finished it up today but right now I am waiting on a circulator pump for the hydraulics system. Those renishaw HPMA's look like they use some pretty quality components till you get inside them. The drive motor is just cheapy little chinese unit but they used bad ass ball bearings for the gear reductions?

This is on a Gildemeister CTX 420 Mill and Turn center with about 36" between spindles. It uses a Siemens 840D controller but of course its a one of unit. lol! freakin germans! I'll post some pics of the ithing later. peace.