HELP : RE- Assembling 1/4 Windows Latches

Hey Fellas, so I finally started putting my quarter windows back together with new weatherstripping and locking latches. So after struggling to do this whole process I finally installed everything but now my only issue is why are my locking latches not wanting to completely flatten out. The way they are now windows seemed to be locked in place but locks don’t look right. Please see pics and if anyone has any thoughts or has dealt with this let me know. 

text would be best if possible. 
Thanks! 
323-337-4532

33F0DCB2-0DCB-41FB-9200-491137B27AE2.jpeg

5ED31008-2AD9-40C0-8563-9B3116285211.jpeg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only similar experience I have had has been on the rear doors of the wagon (510) where I had installed the door seals and the door would not shut against the body.

I futzed with it to no avail then a buddy of mine came by and slammed the door like a savage...boom, doors lined up.

That being said, the seals and the latches are both new?

Did the 1/4 glass close properly before?

Do you have someone that can push on the outside while you try to close the latch?

These are just my ideas and I have no idea if they will help or not but hey, I'm trying.

Check window alignment and whether or not you have any interference with the small black plastic guide on the bottom of the window.  I put my Left window in a few weeks ago with new outside rubber and new latches.  A bit of adjustment to get everything in proper position, but the latch does go all the way down.  Have to do the right side yet.

• Like 1

X2 what KELMO and iceman both said. I rebuilt an old pair of rear quarters few years ago and replaced all the rubber. I powder coated the original OEM latches that came off the car, and experienced the same issue. I beat myself senseless trying to adjust those little SOB latches but nothing helped. Finally I tried loosening the screws on the upper and or lower hinge brackets holding the window in place and BINGO. This gave enough play for me to get the latch to snap shut fully closed. I then added aluminum can spacers to hold the window hinges in position once the screws were tightened. Best of luck.

• 1 month later...

Ok Fellas finally figured it out. So I decided to switch the sides of the metal L bracket that attaches to body of car and Bam!!!! 
so I didn’t know there’s a Right and Left side to these brackets. But now my locks lock like there supposed to!!! 

Thanks to all the responses. Hopefully this helps someone else in the future 😎FaZDh6g.jpg

6A74A059-18DD-4B07-A48B-E07A8C07CFBF.jpeg

• Like 1