Front brush guard

At some time, in my 720's life, it experienced a front collision, a hit off center. The brush guard is  tweaked . It would appear that removing the brush guard, finding a hard  surface and striking with a hammer (5lb mini sledge) or automobile body hammers. But, I have zero experience with this task. Body shops have "straighteners" but I am equally ignorant of this process I made up the term straighteners, because I  do not even know the correct term. To avoid making a fool of myself in person, I will take the hit here.

1. Is this an option on my budget? I would pay $50-$100, but the closer to the high end the more the work must be fantastic. If it the body shop method is not offered or will exceed my budget then,

2. Are there tips and tricks for solo straightening steel. The closest I found were frame straightening machines, which seemed high dollar and overkill

Your guidance is appreciated

Nissan Grill(1).jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Put a bottle jack with some 2x4's on both ends in-between to top tube steel and the lower sheet metal. Use a larger piece on the top against the tube steel and a smaller piece to focus your press against the sheet metal. It should push that bend right out. You might make a an inverted pyramid of sorts for the top to distribute the force against all of the upper tube steel. 

• Like 2

You have a different brush guard than I do, but I just checked and the stock 720 jack is just enough to fit between the cords of my guard.  You should have plenty of room for a jack and some small dunnage. If not a floor jack will work, just might be a little tricky to rig up in there. 

brush1.jpg

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Logical1 said:

You have a different brush guard than I do, but I just checked and the stock 720 jack is just enough to fit between the cords of my guard.  You should have plenty of room for a jack and some small dunnage. If not a floor jack will work, just might be a little tricky to rig up in there. 

brush1.jpg

That is exactly the kind of advice I needed THANK YOU