What are these?

SupDoc

During the process of removing the rear springs, in order to install coilovers in my 510, I noticed these connectors hanging from the bottom of the spring cup. They weren't connected to anything, so I just removed them for now. Does anybody know what they are for?

IMG_1792.thumb.jpg.2b347b65d772d84e11f5322f039575a5.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the top of the control arm under the center of the coil spring is a rubber snubber or bump stop. This is obviously not it but it would be a good place to fit a link for a sway bar. As you can see it's adjustable and has heim joint. Someone removed a sway bar and couldn't be bothered removing the coil spring to get it all.

• Like 1

Yup, aftermarket rear sway bar end links!  If they were mounted up in the "cup" of the rear lower control arm, that was one manufacturers way of linking the sway bar to the suspension.  As Mike said, they removed the rear suspension rubber bump stops to install these links.  You probably should re-install some OEM rubber bump stops..........I have good USED if needed.  I have also seen bolt on sway bar brackets that straddle the rear control arm & hand made welded on brackets!  If you don't have the matching rear sway bar, toss these end links or keep around for some other fab work!

Those look to be endlinks for a BRE/Interpart rear swaybar. There was a clevis or u-bracket that attached to the rear bumpstop stud underneath the spring cup. You did not have to remove the bumpstop, just remove the nut, install the u-bracket, and re-install the nut. If you don't want the endlinks, PM me. I'll take 'em if the rod ends aren't wasted.

Bre Rear Bar Assy.jpg

Edited by Tedman