Help me with my dreams.

Brotato

Once the four nuts are removed by reaching through the hole in the axle it's ready to remove. Put your brake drum on the studs backwards with the shoe side facing outwards. Put all four lug nuts on evenly about 4 turns. Grip the drum on each side and push away from you. Suddenly and forcefully pull the drum towards you striking the lug nuts hard. May take several strikes but the axle will slowly be pulled out of the axle tube.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My H-165s are the same in fact used in the 510, 610, 710, 810/Maxima 1200, B-210, 210, S10, S110 200sx, S12 200sx, A10, Hardbody, Pathfinder and Xterra. Same wheel bearing. Seems lik the 521, 620, 720 are the only solid axle without it.

There's a steel collar to the inside of the bearing on the axle. Split with cold chisel go easy on the axle under it. Manuals say to use a puller but if you have a dremel score the outer top and bottom side of bearing race and split with chisel, remove balls and cage. Do same with inner race. 

Should use a press but.... new one can be hammered on with suitable length and diameter pipe that fits over axle but is against the bottom race of bearing. Need a new bearing collar next. Good idea to replace the grease seal in the axle tube. Put lots of grease on it.