URGENT engine block info needed

Greetings Ratsuns,

Are there differences in 720 truck engine blocks and the one in bold below? It sounds right for a KA24 but I thought Stanzas were FWD?

REMANUFACTURED - 2.4L Nissan L4 Factory Replacement Long Block.

- 2389cc
- SOHC
- 12 valve
- Distributor mounts to rear of head

Fits 7/89-7/92 Stanza & 1/89-3/92 Axxess.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, frankendat said:

Greetings Ratsuns,

Are there differences in 720 truck engine blocks and the one in bold below? It sounds right for a KA24 but I thought Stanzas were FWD?

REMANUFACTURED - 2.4L Nissan L4 Factory Replacement Long Block.

- 2389cc
- SOHC
- 12 valve
- Distributor mounts to rear of head

Fits 7/89-7/92 Stanza & 1/89-3/92 Axxess.

Edited by Thomas Perkins
great ...

Thank you Gentlemen for helping me keep my hard earned. I would have felt guilty buying it as many parts from the Z24 build I have been nursing would be worthless. Check this deal--the free shipping makes in insane!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373830628047?hash=item570a0ab2cf:g:OjsAAOSwDsdhvMF6

Edited by frankendat
11 minutes ago, john510 said:

I'd take a Japanese motor over an American made one any time.Maintenance is the key.Me too. My 720 is old but easy to work on.My wife's 2004 Lincoln LS. is a different Story.To change the spark plugs on the Ford product,you have to take the whole top off,replace the valve cover gaskets. and it is costly.Never buy one.But,I have spent a fortune on both.Also Never buy a Honda lawn mower,great engine but the rear wheel drive is problematic,but I re designed it and it works great now.Nothing is made good anymore.

Edited by Thomas Perkins

What Goes Wrong When Marketing Makes Engineering Decisions

In 1989, Nissan released the 240SX in the USA. The Japanese counterparts, the 180SX and Silvia S13 were equipped with the new 187 bhp, turbocharged, dual overhead camshaft CA18DET. Unfortunately, Nissan decided to market the sport compact coupe and hatchback (for 1989 and 1990) in the USA with the 140 horsepower, single cam, 12-valve KA24E. This engine was shared with the Nissan Hardbody and Frontier 2truck platforms. Even with a higher compression ratio1 (9.1:1 versus 8.6:1), girdled main caps and piston oil squirters3, the KA24E had decent torque but mediocre horsepower. The 12-valve cylinder head relied on a rocker arm valvetrain (which was upgraded to a direct actuation, shim over bucket system in the dual-cam KA24DE from 1991-1998) and a single camshaft for valvetrain actuation. The good news is that the iron block is durable and tough. The bad news includes the limited flow4 characteristics of the 12-valve cylinder head, the single camshaft and the long piston stroke (96mm) which inhibits the extraction of significant horsepower. The aftermarket wasn’t terribly thrilled either, which left KA24E enthusiasts with few aftermarket options to choose from. With few benefits and plenty of drawbacks, the KA24E earned itself the number three spot on the list.

This is bullshit....

1 Only the first 3 months of the '89 model year S13 240sx was the KA24E 9 to 1 compression the rest were 8.4

2 The KA24E was never in the Frontier but the KA24DE was.

3 Only the much later '98 Frontier KA24DE had the oil squirters.

4 Compared to the Z24 before it, it flowed just great. Just what are you comparing it to????? It was withing 10 hp of the KA24DE.

With inaccuracies like this hard to take serious that it's even on this list. Get it right.

• Like 4