Remote Adjustable Side Mirrors

edhu6

As I slowly update the truck to some modern'ish creature comforts I'm looking to put on some adjustable side mirrors. 

Was wondering if anyone has tips/advice on a good way to route the adjustment cable from the door to the dash?

87-BA7-CB2-5-B3-B-401-A-B737-A5-BEA392-D

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are the old GM ones I used. Love the look!!! On my 620 I mounted on the door inside. I have the same one in my 710 but didn't want to hack the door card. Drilled hole in the door jam and one adjacent to it so the cable came into the side of the dash. Mounted the adjuster on underside of the dash by the rear defogger switch.

Don't really need the driver's side as you can simply reach out and change it, but every GM had them. The better one would be the passenger side and I searched for a long long time to fine a remote that matched. It was on a Pontiac station wagon. Perhaps because it might be piled high with camping gear and kids so you couldn't see out the back properly? It's extra extra long and in a Datsun will travel behind the dash all the way to beside the steering column.

• Like 1
On 2/7/2022 at 11:57 AM, datzenmike said:

Those are the old GM ones I used. Love the look!!! On my 620 I mounted on the door inside. I have the same one in my 710 but didn't want to hack the door card. Drilled hole in the door jam and one adjacent to it so the cable came into the side of the dash. Mounted the adjuster on underside of the dash by the rear defogger switch.

Don't really need the driver's side as you can simply reach out and change it, but every GM had them. The better one would be the passenger side and I searched for a long long time to fine a remote that matched. It was on a Pontiac station wagon. Perhaps because it might be piled high with camping gear and kids so you couldn't see out the back properly? It's extra extra long and in a Datsun will travel behind the dash all the way to beside the steering column.

Question for you Mike.

The mirror has those attached bolts to them. How did you reach up the door panel to get some washer/nuts to lock the mirror down?