Time to bitch about disconnects again....

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I understand what you mean by disconnects Pete. I do understand that there are ENTIRELY too many threads created here. They dramatically dilute the quality of the content. It is much better to keep all your stuff related to one vehicle in one thread. Just my $.02

The same thing happens on my laptop but when I get on my desktop I stay logged in forever!

Check your cookie settings:

Firefox3: Tools>Options>Privacy>Cookies

Make sure you accept cookies from sites, accept third-party cookies and keep them until they expire(<- Firefox).

IE7: Tools>Internet Options>Privacy>Select(see * below)

*Use the selector bar and change the level if you want but you can select the "Sites" tab and make Ratsun.net an exception to the rule. Try that out!

Not sure I understand what you mean by disconnects Pete. I do understand that there are ENTIRELY too many threads created here. They dramatically dilute the quality of the content. It is much better to keep all your stuff related to one vehicle in one thread. Just my $.02

I think he means Auto Log-off??

Yeah, Auto Log Offs. It happens routinely when I login to Ratsun from work, so I'm sure it's related to the company firewall or something, but also happens at home, just not as quickly.

My workaround is to hit Today's Posts and read stuff as a Guest, but Today's Posts as a Guest doesn't get you the same list as logging in and hitting New Posts.

Once you logoff, there doesn't seem to be a way to login and show all posts I haven't read or marked as read.

I'm just whining......

I'm by no means a computer guru, but it sounds like a cookie problem. I know I've read:Damn Friggin' Auto Logoff!!!!!

So I know the cookies are engaged... Do you run Norton or McAfee or some kinda real-time virus protection?

Damn those are pretty! My sis in law just bought the new mb and it is nice! I offered to trade her for my mb but she wouldn't take it :P

Can't believe people don't recognize a deal when they see it! :lol:

Edited by ezcruiser

I have a first generation mbp. I've had it for 2.5 years. Never had a single issue with it. I have the same user profile for 7 years. I've never lost a single bit of data - bookmarks, email, files, music - nothing!

I'm a recovered IT person (first sys-admin, then software engineer). I came to my senses and went back to my original love - electricity and I'm not looking back :D

I run XP and I just use windows defender, spybot s&d and adaware. They aren't real-time protection and I can run them at my discretion. You might want to consider temporarily terminating the virus protection, unless you are seeding about 5TB of BitTorrents... and then restart your internet browzer and load up ratsun. Then see if that logs you off. There also may be a way to add Ratsun as an exception to Symantec. It may be detecting the cookie and automatically trashing it?

Any Guru's?

Note* Spybot does offer real time protection but I don't use it. Adaware offers rt protection but you have to buy it. Win Defender offeres some spynet stuff, not worth the time..

Slodat - you make me want a mbp bad...

Edited by ezcruiser