1972 Datsun 521- Air filter box

Hey y'all,

I got this 1972 Datsun 521 pickup that needs an air filter box. The problem is that I cant find the box or assembly kit locally since I live in a location that the truck is not that popular and eBay sells the thing but it comes way out of my budget. Some option that I was considering is getting either a kit from another Datsun model or a aftermarket filter like Edelbrock. additionally, I really don't know if it will fit the carburetor or the engine bay in general. if y'all have experience on this what can I use that fits the truck?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Ratsun RedFish.

Definitely place an ad in our classifieds, someone will be looking... https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-datsun-parts/  ...

The 510 air filter housing is the same but even later models should work from any vehicle with the 4 cylinder, L series engine.

14 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Welcome to Ratsun RedFish.

Definitely place an ad in our classifieds, someone will be looking... https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-datsun-parts/  ...

The 510 air filter housing is the same but even later models should work from any vehicle with the 4 cylinder, L series engine.

Alright Datzenmike, thank you for the advice!

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...
3 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

I left them in back of my 521 at Walmart when I came back out there were 3 more carbs in the bed of the truck. I had to throw it away

seems like I remember this story but it was 4 speed tranny's in your front yard. Still a cool story no matter what the Datsun parts it was.