620 sr20det

Datsunsr20

Hi guys, 

Recently purchased a 620 truck and wanting when everything is ready change the engine. 

Ive a sr20det out of an s14. My main issue is what needs changed from the gear box back to make it work. 

Axel need changed? 

Just the differential? 

Any help or links would be great! 

Thanks 

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I offer mounts to make this a bolt in swap fitment wise.
You need to flip the center link and shorten the stock driveshaft for the longer SR transmission. 

My mounts, I have engine mounts, transmission crossmember, alternator relocation, fuel pump and MAF brackets.

Center link flip

• Like 1

For the cost of a ultra-rare used Datsun LSD, you can do an entire Toyota axle swap and have your choice of limited slip, Detroit, air or electric locker or even a spool. Gear sets for an 8" Toyota diff cost about $200 and bearing kits around $100. Disc brake kits are available too, but most are junk, though there are a couple kits that work well and have a price to match.

2 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

For the cost of a ultra-rare used Datsun LSD, you can do an entire Toyota axle swap and have your choice of limited slip, Detroit, air or electric locker or even a spool. Gear sets for an 8" Toyota diff cost about $200 and bearing kits around $100. Disc brake kits are available too, but most are junk, though there are a couple kits that work well and have a price to match.

Id imagine these parts aren't available in the uk! 

• Like 1