Ebay 280Z header

afracer

Ebay has stainless headers for the 280Z for $~150. I just put one on my 77 810 wagon. Physically fits in just fine, but figured y'all would want to know the challenges.  The quality is fine. It seals up fine. The header gasket included is trash. The header is a 6-2-1 style; 1 5/8" tubes to 2" doubles to 2" single collector. The 2 to 1 section needs to be pushed on as far up as possible to have good ground clearance and welded together (no room for their clamps). The flange had to be filed down in spots around the head and intake area but not terribly bad. The worst part honestly was that the intake manifold and header weren't even on the lower studs where the yoke washers go. The easy solution was to cut three old yoke washers in half and weld them to the header flange there to even up the thickness. Header also had two ports on it, one for EGR I assume, and one for some other large device too big to be O2 sensor. I plugged one and had to tap and plug the other with an M24 tap. That was it. Highly recommend wrapping it to cut down heat since heat shields are gone.

• Like 2
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic