Sony EXR-200 Radio wiring help

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YLOdz1x.jpeg

I could tell you what's what if stock wiring.... after market wiring harness??? You would know more about this than me. Follow the Sony instructions for wiring.

The power lead to the antenna is for an electric extendable antenna. The 620 antenna is fixed in place.

• Thanks 1
On 12/20/2021 at 12:14 PM, datzenmike said:

YLOdz1x.jpeg

I could tell you what's what if stock wiring.... after market wiring harness??? You would know more about this than me. Follow the Sony instructions for wiring.

The power lead to the antenna is for an electric extendable antenna. The 620 antenna is fixed in place.

well I have the old harness. what i guess i am really looking for is what gives the radio power and which pin on the back would it be according to the old harness. Also if you have a picture of what the connectors look like on the pigtail for the radio, I know they are pins I could look in my bag of old harness and see if I can find it. 

On 12/20/2021 at 12:14 PM, datzenmike said:

YLOdz1x.jpeg

well I have the old harness. what i guess i am really looking for is what gives the radio power and which pin on the back would it be according to the old harness. Also if you have a picture of what the connectors look like on the pigtail for the radio, I know they are pins I could look in my bag of old harness and see if I can find it. 

7 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Just a guess. The 620 wiring would be Blue/White for switched power and two wires for the ONE mono speaker, one of these is grounded. The Sony will need some creative wiring and extra speakers.

yea i think i am just going to ground it, and switch the constant power wire from pin to pin until I get something. Thanks for the help. Before i took the wires out I remember he just had it all taped up together. 

Also do you know if there is a thread on here about 620 front brakes i can reference to? apparently before the brakes went out, it would pull to the right. I Bought drums, hardware, and wheel cylinders (they were leaking) recently to replace the old ones. 

Edited by Richie