1971 DATSUN 510 tail light socket harness interchangeable

Tuan

Hey guys. I have a 1971 datsun 510 2 door. And my project car is missing the tail light sockets/ harnesses. 

i was wondering if the Sockets from a datsun 79-80 or 81-83.ZX OR S30 Z cars sockets fit the 510 bulb buckets.  

i was planing to buy from zDepot but not sure which sockets fit. Im running all new wiring in the car just save some time and buy these and using the bulb socket sides to save some time and soldering individusl SMP ones. I just want to know which of these are the same bulb Sockets.   

thank you. 

0C0C6EF2-33E8-4DE1-AFC4-3F64C7796C6F.png

79AFED0B-75FC-4A51-91BA-047C0A818A4B.png

Edited by Tuan
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All 69-73 510 2dr & 4dr Sedan tail lamps are the same.  I doubt any other model will fit correctly...........??  I will have good USED OEM 510 lamp harnesses, but most have at least one broken socket.  NEW sockets are available from Dorman Products (I will post part #'s soon), but they look slightly different, so installing just one or two NEW sockets, will look slightly different compared to the original OEM sockets.  I can sell you a pair of harnesses.  If a restored car, you buy & splice in all NEW sockets, so they are all uniform/same...........only a purist would notice difference!  If just a driver, replace what is needed & run 'em!

PM if interested!

TJ