windshield wipers no bueno

katfish

good day ratsun family  having a problem with my wipers i read a old thread on how to test the motor, motor works with jumper wires but no power from plug back to switch ,could be switch could be operator error  need some ideas to burning alot of brain matter   ... --- ... 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Power to the wiper motor does not go through the switch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's turned on by the ignition switch. The wiper switch simply selects paths to ground, one through a resistance for slow speed and one directly to ground for high speed and an off position.

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

There should be 12v on the Blue/Red stripe wire to the wiper motor any time the ignition is on.

Check the Blue/Red wire on the wiper motor first.

another satisfied member worked like a charm  the blue and red wire was the problem  cleaned the wire harness and i got wipers now   thans again for the info ratsun family rocks  and as soon as i can get one of my kids to show me how to up loads some pics ill post them 

• Like 2