Aussie Snot - 510 Build

Mostly finished the rear end, just waiting on my half shafts to come back from Mark Axisa in NSW.

Diff: R200 Long Nose Housing (was open centre previously)

Diff Centre: NISMO GT L.S.D.pro 2-Way (Part Number 38420RSS20-B5)

Output side flanges: 5 x 1 (Came with the Nismo GT LSD pro kit) Modified for the porche CV's (6x1) from Mark Axisa in NSW Australia

CV Shafts: Custom billet porche 6 x 1 CV's

Output stub axles: Custom billet 6 x 1 flanges, well oversized from Mark Axisa in NSW Australia

Rear Brakes: Mad Dat Wilwood - https://www.maddat.com.au/products/rear-brake-kit-wilwood

Pub3V3s.jpegBbogjLH.jpeglkxRMdl.jpegQYDmTjx.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought all you guys were swapping the Honda motors like the guys over here?  SR/KA's are so expensive here even I picked up a Honda engine.   

What gear ratio in your Z31 diff?  I have 3.7's behind one 6 speed and 3.9's behind another and wish they both had 3.5's.  

9 hours ago, Icehouse said:

I thought all you guys were swapping the Honda motors like the guys over here?  SR/KA's are so expensive here even I picked up a Honda engine.   

What gear ratio in your Z31 diff?  I have 3.7's behind one 6 speed and 3.9's behind another and wish they both had 3.5's.  

Honda K's are major surgery. I looked into it a while back. The oil pan situation is very difficult. Not like an MR2 or fwd where you can just throw it in with the stock gearbox.

The rear end is coming together nicely willwoods looks the business! 

Guys like MadDat that supplied the brakes do full conversion kits for the SR and others.

SR's are the go to down under 20 odd years ago they became the norm over the FJ and Z18 conversions.

We have some restrictions depending on state on engine capacity based on original car etc of what can be engineerd.  

Love it, you Aussie lads do Datsun right. With your KA24 under the bonnet and that R200 Long Nose beast in the boot, you're likely close to the 510's 50/50 weight ratio. I'm sure it's all part of the master plan. Glad I checked in cuz this one's worth watching.

Good on ya mate!

• Like 1