Datsun 620 Newbie

Howdy! Stoked to be a part of the Ratsun network and make my very first post as the proud owner of a 1974 Datsun 620 pickup!

Although Im new to ownership my affection is long standing and I've been dreaming off owning one for almost ten years, ever since I saw a beat up run down 510 with a roll cage and racing belts outside of my step dads house. Growing up my stepdad always worked as a mechanic (not a great one) but he really inspired me and we would geek out all the time over the cars. I always dreamed of working on one with him and unfortunately he's no longer here to go on this journey with me, but I will be pimping this car out in his honor and Im looking forward to sharing pictures and projects and hearing advice and fun stories, y'all Datsun folk are truly your own breed. First thing on the list of projects will be the brakes and maybe the shocks and then it'll be getting a paint job. Im painting it pink (the classic car guys at my work are fuming) but I think my step dad would think it was bad ass or as he would say "the tits"

ladies and gentleman, 

Meet ★ WAYNE ★

IMG-2890.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Welcome to Ratsun. the 620 is well represented here. The '74 was the first and only year the L18 engine was used in the truck also the first and beginning year for the improved 71B 4 speed. Looks in great condition.

Thank you!

the previous owner actually switched it out for an L20B so its now a 5 speed and the camshaft and fuel pump are from an L28.  A fuckton of work has already been put into this car (new clutch, new Aluminum radiator, completely rewired and has cool custom control system in center console for lights and what not, dashboard has been refurbished just to name a few) ill be picking up where he left off and im excited to learn as I go since this is the fist car ill really be hands on with. I was so excited and impressed that the body was in such good shape, its been hiding up in Redding and im over the moon I found it.

• Like 1

welcome to Ratsun 

the fuel pump may be from an L28 although it would be no better then an original L20B pump 

the cam from an L28 is a six cylinder motor and would not work on a 4 cylinder L20B so somebody mis informed you on that 

again welcome to Ratsun that ruck looks to be in pretty good condition 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Ranman72 said:

welcome to Ratsun 

the fuel pump may be from an L28 although it would be no better then an original L20B pump 

the cam from an L28 is a six cylinder motor and would not work on a 4 cylinder L20B so somebody mis informed you on that 

again welcome to Ratsun that ruck looks to be in pretty good condition 

that's actually super helpful thank you so much!