New...620

tad70

Hello, new to the forum with a recent purchase a 1973 620.  My plans for it are just to keep the way it is for as long as i can. I do plan on changing to a 5 speed trans. Aside from that its basically taking it apart to put back together. I have king pin kit on the way. whatever bushing i can find along with tie rods, center link and tie rod ends. 

A question that i do have is did these trucks come stock with a steering damper or is that more of an aftermarket kit?

My truck has one but I don't know if that is a stock part. i researched it but can't find anything about it.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 620 didn't have a steering damper. Have never heard of on on one either. Maybe post a picture of it as well as the rest of the truck.

Unless you do a lot of highway travel or plan to swap a larger L20B into your truck, a 5 speed isn't much good to you.  

Welcome to Ratsun. 

The 620 is light and relatively easy to steer, assuming the king pins are in good shape. If you were off road on rough surfaces a damper could be an asset for stabilizing road wheel input to the steering wheel, but otherwise I don't see the use of it at all.