Motor mounts

athoose

I got some motor mounts awhile back off rock auto but they don't look like the current ones. I did find something that looks correct at AutoZone. Don't really want to but it looks like i could just drill some holes for the rock auto ones. Thoughts?

Rock auto...

IMG_20211108_141135996_HDR.thumb.jpg.dc2a8f8507631e4ee2c0fcb839dac7a5.jpg

Current ones look like these.

48065572_Screenshot_20211108-2008142.png.62b232b702f9d7ab96aa562ade809eb2.png

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm curious if those from autozone are correct.... 

It says they are correct for the 521 and the 620.... I could have sworn when I bought the ones for my 521 from autozone they looked correct in the picture but were not right....

At the time I believed they were for a 720.....

This was a few years ago so they may have corrected the error....

The ones I received were taller and bigger than the stock ones....

After a couple failed motor mount purchases, and due to the fact the correct 521 motor mounts didnt seem to be available I ended up using them by redrilling 2 holes in the mount to be able to bolt it to the frame, and I had to shorten the metal brackets attached to the engine....

I can check later when I get home, I should still have the boxes with the part number.....

Well I was able to look up the mount I am currently using....

It is the a6353..... not correct for your application so dont use it.. but it is listed for the 521, again not correct..

I hate the pictures,  if you look up same part on different sights sometimes the picture Is different .... 

I would probably try the autozone ones first, 2532/2533.... not really sure why 2 different part numbers...

Not sure if the 620 had 2 different ones or not....

Atleast with autozone you can check them and return without a shipping charge....

Even now cross checking gets confusing..... 

Just take some reference measurements to compare....

Goodluck....

• Like 1
On 11/10/2021 at 1:21 PM, ]2eDeYe said:

Just a little shorter, like 3/16"

I thought this too but the l16 mounts i got from rockauto were the same height as my l20b mounts even though they were obviously a diffrent style. If the ones you end up getting are a bit shorter I would like to know where you got them / what brand or part number.

• Like 1

I read through the form again thought you were talking about the 620 l16 mounts when you said 3/16 shorter; which is about the difference i measured from my 72 620 mounts vs my 77 mounts. the mounts i got were the same as op. will have to try some 521 mounts, thanks.

went through my post history to get my measurements:

l20b mounts: Roughly 1.9" L16 mounts: Roughly 1.5"
so 521 might be in-between those two. if i get some ill update.

Edited by Moist Lightning
  • Like 1