'70-'73 510 wagon rear hatch emblem

rosso

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wagon only, the front fender and hatch are the same 63806-21300.

Did not know this but US fender and hatch just say DATSUN but Canadian fender and hatches say DATSUN1600 and below that a Wagon emblem. I had a '68 Canadian sedan and remember the DATSUN1600 on it. Always thought the US ones were broken or they changed it later.

17 hours ago, rosso said:

Is the "Datsun" emblem on the rear hatch of '72 510 the same as the fender mounted ones? They look close but I am not sure of measurements or the pin placement.

Anyone know for sure - I am going to buy one as soon as I know.

Yes, they are the same, plastic, part number 63806-21300. The early 510's like 68 had metal emblems, not sure if the 69 510's were metal also. 

https://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun/bluebird-1968-1973/body-(wagon)/emblem

Shows only one part number for the US '68-'73 63806-21300. In the case of an identical part made from a different material such as a metal emblem changed to plastic the last two numbers (called the distinction number) would change.  Are you sure the originals were pot metal? not saying they are not. The C pillar vents were metal and they changed to plastic.

On 11/6/2021 at 12:30 PM, datzenmike said:

Shows only one part number for the US '68-'73 63806-21300. In the case of an identical part made from a different material such as a metal emblem changed to plastic the last two numbers (called the distinction number) would change.  Are you sure the originals were pot metal? not saying they are not. The C pillar vents were metal and they changed to plastic.

Yes, they were pot metal, my 68 wagon got them on the fender and rear hatch. The wagon hatch vents are metal also and the 2 & 4 doors C pillars were also metal for 68 / 69 510's, just thought I'd mention that incase someone was wondering. Take it the metal ones were not use after the 69 models ? 

It's a bummer that Datsun / Nissan didn't put the actual part number on their parts like American car manufactures did back in the days, would make it easier to identify.     

Edited by 420n620