after market steering wheel for my newly inherited datsun 521 truck

katfish

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I recall, just about every other Datsun from about 1962 to the 720 had the same spline, and I think cars (510, 1200, 240Z) had the same spline. I think...

I have had Momo steering wheels in all of my 510s, but in my 320, I used a Moto-Lita wheel mounted on a Moto-Lita hub with a Lecarra horn button. It was a firm wheel and looked right at home in a classic Datsun truck.

Here are some pics. The first on shows the Moto-Lita horn button, which I think is ugly. The others show the smooth, chrome Lecarra horn push.

7Q8TB84QA72XR3D_Large.jpg?width=960&heig
IMG_2656Small-1.jpg?width=960&height=720
StickersSmall.jpg?width=960&height=720&f

• Like 1

Like I said in the other thread(Oldtimers comment fro the radio)

I had some one throw a nice steering wheel with the shaft in my 521 at a Datsun show they was getting rid of it. then I had to do the same a few years later to get rid of it.

But that is a nice wheel Stoff posted I need to find one like that for my 510

should have grabbed spares back in the day

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • Like 1

360mm Nardi Classic Woodgrain  

qJcEYHF.jpeg

59WkCjG.jpeg 

You get what you pay for with aftermarket wheels, but there's always the option of interchanging many of the stock wheels

7 hours ago, mainer311 said:

vfeLqHX.jpg

need one of those phone holders for my ashtray. Did you whip that up? 

Edited by BrothersGarage
  • Like 2
On 10/27/2021 at 10:47 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

If I recall, just about every other Datsun from about 1962 to the 720 had the same spline, and I think cars (510, 1200, 240Z) had the same spline. I think...

I have had Momo steering wheels in all of my 510s, but in my 320, I used a Moto-Lita wheel mounted on a Moto-Lita hub with a Lecarra horn button. It was a firm wheel and looked right at home in a classic Datsun truck.

Here are some pics. The first on shows the Moto-Lita horn button, which I think is ugly. The others show the smooth, chrome Lecarra horn push.

7Q8TB84QA72XR3D_Large.jpg?width=960&heig
IMG_2656Small-1.jpg?width=960&height=720
StickersSmall.jpg?width=960&height=720&f

The "smaller cars" ie the 1200 B210 210 series had a smaller spline!  Yes, the 521 is the same spline as the 510 610 710 620 720 Z cars 280ZX, but the hubs do NOT fit the 521 steering column cover/clamshell.  Jake Anderson on Facebook (think his business name is jakemakes??) 3D printed a "longer" 2pc cover (towards the driver) to fill in the big gap, when using the 510 etc hub...............I do NOT know if that particular product turned out or not (he has made LOTS of 521/521 parts!).  The other issue is that I do not know if the "horn ring" on the hub lines up with the "horn contact" on the 521..........??

• Like 2
4 hours ago, yenpit said:

The "smaller cars" ie the 1200 B210 210 series had a smaller spline!  Yes, the 521 is the same spline as the 510 610 710 620 720 Z cars 280ZX, but the hubs do NOT fit the 521 steering column cover/clamshell.  Jake Anderson on Facebook (think his business name is jakemakes??) 3D printed a "longer" 2pc cover (towards the driver) to fill in the big gap, when using the 510 etc hub...............I do NOT know if that particular product turned out or not (he has made LOTS of 521/521 parts!).  The other issue is that I do not know if the "horn ring" on the hub lines up with the "horn contact" on the 521..........??horn ring yes but also yes the gap is huge

Hey everyone, not to thread Jack here. New to the site and found this post that may help me with what I’ve been looking for.

I’ve got a new sparco quick release and wheel that I was going to throw into my car, the wheels bigger than I anticipated and don’t really want to put it on my car after all.

what would be needed to get this fella in?

Sparco quick release/steering wheel.