Looking for a part number for rear brake cylinder rebuild kit that i can give my local auto parts store...

Mspencer

On my 1970 1600, the rear (r) brake cylinder is leaking, and I am looking for a rebuild kit. I have found several online, but with the shipping delays I wanted to know if anyone had a part number, I can ask my local parts dealer to see if they can get it much sooner.

Thanks, just trying to get it back on the road as soon as i can.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take the rubber piston cup out and measure the diameter of the cylinder. (probably in inches?) They have a hole in the center and are roughly washer shaped (though thick)with a flair on one edge. Try to find one on line or maybe the local NAPA has boxes of rebuild kits you can go through. Years ago our lift truck had leaking brakes. The estimate was $700 to come pick it up with a flat bed, fix and return it. I got a rebuild kit for a '63 Rambler and fixed them for $2.50 a side.

On 10/25/2021 at 3:29 PM, datzenmike said:

Take the rubber piston cup out and measure the diameter of the cylinder. (probably in inches?) They have a hole in the center and are roughly washer shaped (though thick)with a flair on one edge. Try to find one on line or maybe the local NAPA has boxes of rebuild kits you can go through. Years ago our lift truck had leaking brakes. The estimate was $700 to come pick it up with a flat bed, fix and return it. I got a rebuild kit for a '63 Rambler and fixed them for $2.50 a side.

Thanks that was very helpful. I was able to find the part as i needed the rubber cover as well, on line and its on its way. Thank again for all your help.

• Like 1