• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/22/2021 at 6:43 AM, Veraciousreasoning said:

Hey all,

Anyone in Idaho wanna do a Datsun meet up? I'd love to have a meet up were we all hang out and look at each others Datsuns. I live near the Boise Area and looking to move further north after winter. 

How far north you talking ? Coeur d Alene ?  

• datzenmike changed the title to Idaho (meet)
20 hours ago, Veraciousreasoning said:

My partner and I haven't decided. I heard Coeur D Alene is great but its rapidly expanding like Boise. Figured, this winter we would drive around Idaho and find a really small town that set up shop. 

Coeur D Alene is growing leaps and bounds. My sister moved there 2 years ago and she even sees it happening.  Crazy during summer time, basically a resort town.  I grew up just east of there, little town of Silverton Id.  Any place just over Fourth of July past to the east, will have that small town feel.  If you like the snow, thats the place. Id personally head to east Idaho.

It used to be such a cool place.I used to pass through there to go to

my Sister's place in Kalispell almost every year since '73.South of the freeway

is still nice,but North of it reminds me of a city in Southern California. 

3 hours ago, Farmer said:

Coeur D Alene is growing leaps and bounds. My sister moved there 2 years ago and she even sees it happening.  Crazy during summer time, basically a resort town.  I grew up just east of there, little town of Silverton Id.  Any place just over Fourth of July past to the east, will have that small town feel.  If you like the snow, thats the place. Id personally head to east Idaho.

Yea, we are going to spend the winter driving around and finding a good place. THe town we lived in while we were in Arizona had like 500 people. We got use to it and now miss it. So this winter we will figure it out and what not. Just tough when you live in a "Tiny House" on wheels. 

1 hour ago, angliagt said:

It used to be such a cool place.I used to pass through there to go to

my Sister's place in Kalispell almost every year since '73.South of the freeway

is still nice,but North of it reminds me of a city in Southern California. 

Most of California is fleeing now to Idaho and Arizona. Kind of sad. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Veraciousreasoning said:

Most of California is fleeing now to Idaho and Arizona. Kind of sad. 

43 minutes ago, MikeRL411 said:

Wait until they start complaining that their bucolic retreat smell of manure.  It's happened before.

Californians.... fuck up and shit in their nest, then move where it's clean but bring their fucked up ideology and politics with them and run for office. Begin to fuck it up and shit in their new nest. New residents from out of state should be disallowed from electing locally or running for office for 10 or more years to gain perspective. They should have to wear a scarlet letter D so people can know them.    

• Like 2
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Californians.... fuck up and shit in their nest, then move where it's clean but bring their fucked up ideology and politics with them and run for office. Begin to fuck it up and shit in their new nest. New residents from out of state should be disallowed from electing locally or running for office for 10 or more years to gain perspective. They should have to wear a scarlet letter D so people can know them.    

I don't know about the letter D but I 100% support the fact that there should be a grace period before you can start voting. 

• Like 1

It's mainly the SOUTHERN Californians that want to change everything.

Many of them sell their houses for obscene amounts of money,& then can afford

the prime real estate when they move,then proceed to want to develop their new

community,& make it like the one they came from.

We had that problem when I lived in Eureka (CA).A couple would move up

from SOCAL.Within about 6 months,the wife would whine & complain that they

didn't have the shopping or night life like they did in SOCAL,& they would end up

moving back.

This is a big reason that a lot of the locals HATE Californians. 

• Thanks 1
On 10/25/2021 at 1:07 PM, Veraciousreasoning said:

I don't know about the letter D but I 100% support the fact that there should be a grace period before you can start voting. 

Some idiots also push for voter registration at the voting site on election day.  Out Tamminy Hall shenanigans.  Rent a bus and win an election.

• Like 2

A European colonist says to a Native American "you don't celebrate Independence day?' "Nope" stated the Native American. "Why" states the European colonist? "Because you're still here!" states the Native American.  That goes for every state, California and all the rest including Idaho. 

I live in Kalispel territory...

On 10/27/2021 at 9:21 PM, WAGON JON said:

A European colonist says to a Native American "you don't celebrate Independence day?' "Nope" stated the Native American. "Why" states the European colonist? "Because you're still here!" states the Native American.  That goes for every state, California and all the rest including Idaho. 

I live in Kalispel territory...

Well I am sorry that the people who migrated here first (The natives) lost the war to the people who migrated here second. My family didn't get here until the late 30's so Iuno my guy. 

I think if you are the first people to enter as immigrants and occupy any empty land without displacing another culture or people, your descendants become the first native or aboriginal people of that place. Otherwise the term aboriginal has no meaning as we are all from central Africa.

3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I think if you are the first people to enter as immigrants and occupy any empty land without displacing another culture or people, your descendants become the first native or aboriginal people of that place. Otherwise the term aboriginal has no meaning as we are all from central Africa.

There is substantial evidence that there was multiple species of hominids that existed in the Americans long before we entered the scene. I also agree, the term Native or aboriginal people is stupid. 

Also the "Out of Africa" theory or "clover first" theory has been debunked about 10 years ago. We actually no longer have a clue where we come from. I can provide the journal entries from Science Magazine and Nature magazine that talk about how we no longer believe we all migrated from Africa. 

23 minutes ago, Veraciousreasoning said:

There is substantial evidence that there was multiple species of hominids that existed in the Americans long before we entered the scene. I also agree, the term Native or aboriginal people is stupid. 

Also the "Out of Africa" theory or "clover first" theory has been debunked about 10 years ago. We actually no longer have a clue where we come from. I can provide the journal entries from Science Magazine and Nature magazine that talk about how we no longer believe we all migrated from Africa. 

I'd be interested in what articles you have for non Homo Sapiens species in North America. Best evidence I've seen puts Homo Sapiens in NA about 21-23K years ago with some footprints in New Mexico. 

My best understanding of the origin of modern humans has been as a hybrid between 3-4 or more (differing by region for the exact makeup) closely related hominid species with some regional differences in overlap with different species pools, i.e., the exact mix for Europe has more H. neanderthalensis and while there is more Denisovian in parts of Asia but with these pools then remixing with trade and travel (and we have some speculated fossil evidence for Neanderthal and Denisovian hybrids too) so that what we consider Modern Human is more a spectrum of the mixing of several different archaic humans across a geographic (and temporal range). Several of of these archaic species we only speculate about based on genetic information but lack clear fossil records, not counting what may have been separate isolated genetic groups (i.e., the Homo floresiensis (hobbit)) in Indonesia that may or may not have gone extinct or been absorbed into the larger modern human gene pool. 

Always made me wonder how much of our innate "uncanny valley" ability is to distinguish unhealthy members of a group and how much is for determining other hominins. 

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

I'd be interested in what articles you have for non Homo Sapiens species in North America. Best evidence I've seen puts Homo Sapiens in NA about 21-23K years ago with some footprints in New Mexico. 

My best understanding of the origin of modern humans has been as a hybrid between 3-4 or more (differing by region for the exact makeup) closely related hominid species with some regional differences in overlap with different species pools, i.e., the exact mix for Europe has more H. neanderthalensis and while there is more Denisovian in parts of Asia but with these pools then remixing with trade and travel (and we have some speculated fossil evidence for Neanderthal and Denisovian hybrids too) so that what we consider Modern Human is more a spectrum of the mixing of several different archaic humans across a geographic (and temporal range). Several of of these archaic species we only speculate about based on genetic information but lack clear fossil records, not counting what may have been separate isolated genetic groups (i.e., the Homo floresiensis (hobbit)) in Indonesia that may or may not have gone extinct or been absorbed into the larger modern human gene pool. 

Always made me wonder how much of our innate "uncanny valley" ability is to distinguish unhealthy members of a group and how much is for determining other hominins. 

When I am free this weekend I'll send you the links in this thread. 

• Like 2