Getting the old girl Street Worth

B-rads PL620

Hello all, been a long couple of months working on the 620, but I think I am close to saying it might be safe to be on the road with her. Here is a list of a few things I have been working on: The winkie blinkies when I ran at night and stop at a stop light, the headlights dimming and if the turn signal was on the headlights winked at you. Forget it if the heater blower fan was on, Great 35 amp alternator! Upgraded to a Hitachi LT-150-188 50 amp alternator ( Plug and Play) except top Alt bracket, I used a 1/4 x 7 1/2” Turnbuckle with locking nut, also a 36 1/8” fan belt. No more winkie blinkies. Found fusible link Wire was getting hot, after inspecting found only a couple of wire strands still connected, Replaced. Rear leaf spring bushing found to be metal on metal, Replaced all bushings. Found the Ignition coil was getting hot, found no ballast resistor, installed new 1.6 ohm ballast resistor isolating start voltage/run voltage to ignition coil, coil running a lot cooler. Turn signal flasher thermo unit failing after on for length of time, Replaced with coil type heavy duty flasher. Same for Hazard Warning lights, Flasher replaced. Replaced rear brake and turn signals incandescent bulbs with a Sylvania 1157A LED bulbs, Nice upgrade, turn signal now appears to flash sequential led first and incandescent a micro sec later, looks cool. Did the same for front turn signal upgraded to LED 1157A bulb. A thing of note, LED bulbs are Light Specific, Red for Red Lights, White for White, Amber for Amber. Still need to work on back up lights and just got a new oil sensor, to be installed tomorrow. But all in all I lov my old girl. Hey check out my Ratsun Grill badge post looking for 15-20 people who might be interested in a Ratsun Grill Badge. Peace all

• Like 1
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic