Remote oil filter recommendations

matrophy

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good answer and really the only one.

I spin mine as fast as possible with both hands and lift away very quickly. The oil is spun outwards away from the center hole. It's not perfect but most of the oil stays in the filter.

Most of what you will find with a basic google search is crap. Those Mr Gasket or Trans-Dapt poured aluminum filter heads work well enough, but look decidedly third world.

Go to Speedway Motors or Summit and refine your search until you get into the nice anodized billet aluminum stuff. Even Pegasus Racing or some motorsports specific shops will have the nice ones.

Warning, plumbing with cheap hoses usually leads to leaks, so upgrade to either AN fittings or hoses with NPT ends. Good quality hose, like Aeroquip or Russell lasts longer too. The three things that kill hoses are exposure to heat, exposure to sun and exposure to oil, so two out of three factors here.

17 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Good answer and really the only one.

I spin mine as fast as possible with both hands and lift away very quickly. The oil is spun outwards away from the center hole. It's not perfect but most of the oil stays in the filter.

i'll try the spin method