B310 ball joints on Rockauto

afracer

Beware ordering the Mevotech MK9073 lifetime warranty ball jointsfor your B310 from Rockauto. The pictures and description of the part do not match what will come in the mail. Thy say and show that they're greasable with an included zerks fitting and come with a oem style castle nut and cotter pin. However, there's no provision for a zerks and they're not greasable, and come with a nylon stop nut instead of the castle nut, which I don'treally care for TBH. Yes they'll probably perform just fine but they don't match up and are cheaper and less safe IMO than they advertise them.

20211002_122736.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't like not having a mechanical stop (cotter pin) on big time safety/steering related parts. I've lately noticed parts manufacturers going this route on a lot of tie rod ends and ball joints lately. Cheap aces.

20211002_122742.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2021 at 10:19 AM, datsunfreak said:

I always throw the castle nuts away and replace them with nylon locking nuts...  😁

I would prefer the castelated nuts. If they are good enough for aviation, they sure are good enough for a Datsun.