Best radiator option for 73 620 in 2021

athoose

1 hour ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Just buy 2 Champions  Radiators as they are cheap  run 50 50 premix and swap out every 3 to 4 years will be the best you can do.

I think there is certain rad caps that have a bimetal lug or soemthing on there where the elelctroyocist will attack that instead of the radiator. I heard of this on wtaer heater tanks in the house.  soemone on here might know more

My friend Mike Greene invented that. He called them "Rad-Cap" but I think he's since sold the company. They do work, but I find that a simple ground wire to the radiator helps too. That and distilled water (not hose water) with your coolant, and you'll never have a problem.

Edited by Stoffregen Motorsports
  • Like 1
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Made brackets for radiator and shroud. Looks like it's going to work nice. I got about an inch between the fan and radiator. Probably have to put shroud in then slide the radiator in. Looks like I can make the old hose work with a little trim. 😉

IMG_20211008_145913398.jpg

IMG_20211008_154644801_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211008_155347537.jpg

IMG_20211008_155324261.jpg

• Like 1

Yea I notice this on even the KOYO rad . the bracket needs to be offset a 1/4-to 1/2 at least on my 521.

why couldnt they just off set that bracket more towards the core support  and bam your done

but one has to be carful as on the 510 521 the lower alt belt and the rad pipe that come out at a 90deg is close to hitting. one has to make sure the clamp has the turn screw on the inside near the rad so one can tighten the clamp

• Like 1