620 Rear Wheel Liner Fabrication

Cardinal Grammeter

That latter 620's made liners for the front wheels, but nothing for the rears.  Rear spray rots out the bed sides.

Something like this from Husky:  https://www.huskyliners.com/featured-product/79151/wheel-well-liner-rear-wheel-well-guards?gclid=Cj0KCQjw18WKBhCUARIsAFiW7JyxXnnjvJZDXTna5MBBTaVF2G_365txa5lopZRe5iYoqnl9ng3j4DYaArraEALw_wcB

images_ePIM_original_753933791513_P04_w200_h200_q80.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, just got the idea.  I'm 69 and don't do junk yards anymore.  However, I'm sure there is something out there that could be trimmed to fit.  The wheel opening shape might be the most critical.  I would think most trucks are bigger so narrowing would probably be done in any case.  So getting the right wheel opening, narrowing it, and DONE.

maybe (!)

I'd start with S10's and Rangers.  There's that Subaru that has the tiny pickup bed but they are so rare, probably hard to find.

I was even thinking of a "trailer fender" that would mount to the backing plate of axle tube that would move with the tire - that would work also.  And I'll bet there are universal trailer fenders.  Even a big motorcycle fender.  If one had an English wheel, they could roll one.

It's a shame that rear wheel spray soaks the entire side of the bed and ends.

They went so far to do the fronts, but it seems rears were not addressed in many older pickups.