carb rebuild kit

Arifaeth

So, on my 69 521, it has the J13 motor, and I was told it has the 71 j16 carb, I need to find a rebuild kit for the carb, as the bowl leaks fuel, and it doesn't wanna stay running, so because of the state of the carb (it's sat for a while, I wanna fully rebuild and clean the carb. Anyone know where I can find one?

• Like 1
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Type ' carburetor rebuild kit for Datsun 1600' into google.

First is e-bay..... https://www.ebay.ca/b/Carburetor-Parts-for-Datsun-1600/33551/bn_20726730

CARBURETTOR REPAIR CARBY KIT FITS DATSUN 1600 P510 L16 1.6L 1968-1972 HITACHI Image 1 - Walker Products 15474B Carburetion (HI-2)  (4) 1968-74

Like I said the accelerator pump wears out but not much else. Gaskets don't wear out unless they were in a fire. That's a lot of money for a few gaskets.

Try an auto supply store and ask for the accelerator pump.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, datzenmike said:

Type ' carburetor rebuild kit for Datsun 1600' into google.

First is e-bay..... https://www.ebay.ca/b/Carburetor-Parts-for-Datsun-1600/33551/bn_20726730

CARBURETTOR REPAIR CARBY KIT FITS DATSUN 1600 P510 L16 1.6L 1968-1972 HITACHI Image 1 - Walker Products 15474B Carburetion (HI-2)  (4) 1968-74

Like I said the accelerator pump wears out but not much else. Gaskets don't wear out unless they were in a fire. That's a lot of money for a few gaskets.

Try an auto supply store and ask for the accelerator pump.

This carb has sat for a few years, and I need the gasket for the float bowl window

• Like 1