Finding parts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, bananahamuck said:

And like Banzai said ,, get a Weber and for ease of service a pertronix ignition unit .  

That's the end goal, the truck needs to run and drive as is currently. Cause it's taking space at my parents house, as my land lord doesn't like people working on cars, or having not running cars parked on the property.

2 minutes ago, Arifaeth said:

That's the end goal, the truck needs to run and drive as is currently. Cause it's taking space at my parents house, as my land lord doesn't like people working on cars, or having not running cars parked on the property.

Unless one of you have the carb and intake for under $100 😂 it's going to wait till I've saved up to do a bunch of stuff at once, I gotta redo all the brakes, and master cylinder systems before doing custom mods

1 minute ago, Arifaeth said:

I don't know how to make one

go to front page and pick either 521 section ( best for more help) or project  datto , very busy so it drops off fast but gets shit all in one place 

open up a new topic ,, name it , and post some pics .. you can change name down the road if your mood changes 

most of my threads  are just random shit that I had on my mind whilst piddling around with my Datsuns or buddies with their Datsuns 

2 minutes ago, Arifaeth said:

Unless one of you have the carb and intake for under $100 😂 it's going to wait till I've saved up to do a bunch of stuff at once, I gotta redo all the brakes, and master cylinder systems before doing custom mods

Ah yes , the brakes , good call. 

3 minutes ago, bananahamuck said:

Ah yes , the brakes , good call. 

Yeah, they are locked up a bit, as the truck has sat a few years, so I'm gonna replace, shoes wheel cylinders, brake master, all soft lines, clutch master and slave (as they are frozen up, and clean all other parts, and probably resurface my drums. Found all the parts for a total of $280

40 minutes ago, Arifaeth said:

Cause it's taking space at my parents house, as my land lord doesn't like people working on cars, or having not running cars parked on the property.

This is a recipe for disaster  if you want to do all this stuff. I kow but I have a shouse to work on it and garage. once certain stuff go back and 50 years of rust and lack of part support esp a 520 with a J motor.  Best find a place cause 75% of the time when doing one thing something else pops up. Esp with brakes .

PS all pre 521 use all SAE threaded brake lines  bolt ect. after 1972 on 620 when its all metric like datsun 510 on up ecpt the oil sender threads is a 1/8 BPTF

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

This is a recipe for disaster  if you want to do all this stuff. I kow but I have a shouse to work on it and garage. once certain stuff go back and 50 years of rust and lack of part support esp a 520 with a J motor.  Best find a place cause 75% of the time when doing one thing something else pops up. Esp with brakes .

PS all pre 521 use all SAE threaded brake lines  bolt ect. after 1972 on 620 when its all metric like datsun 510 on up ecpt the oil sender threads is a 1/8 BPTF

My truck is a 521 not a 520, and doing little bits of work here and there the landlord doesn't mind, so long as it's in our driveway, but they don't like it when vehicles sit for longer than a few days, that isz of the current landlords don't end up like the last 4 that got chased out cause they kept making us follow all these stupid rules. The last landlord didn't care, but I guess he was replaced.

A 521 with a J motor is more related to a 520 as everything is SAE on it. Bt I forgot the 521 started in 69 sometime

here my 521.

good luck as these things need space to work on and time. otherwise the Landlord will be a issue. I been on Ratsun a long time ai seen alot get dumped cause of lack on money resources and Landlords.  I will put my cars inside to to work on prevent looking like the Indian Reservation

521.jpg

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

A 521 with a J motor is more related to a 520 as everything is SAE on it. Bt I forgot the 521 started in 69 sometime

here my 521.

good luck as these things need space to work on and time. otherwise the Landlord will be a issue. I been on Ratsun a long time ai seen alot get dumped cause of lack on money resources and Landlords.  I will put my cars inside to to work on prevent looking like the Indian Reservation

521.jpg

Yeah, no basically, the motor runs now, but I need for rebuild the carb and get that working just right, and then rebuild the brakes, I'm doing all that at my parents house, and after that, it'll run and drive. I just can't keep this at my parents house for months.