Arifaeth

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Hainz those wires are for the solenoid on the left side. easily mistaken for an electric choke. It's an early emissions thing somewhat like a later BCDD

58 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

The Datsun Certified mechanic is more likely to know where to find this kit than us on Ratsun as most just polish those carbs up then throw then in the river. If anything a weber DGV carb

I never heard of a electric and manual choked carb but you said you worked on carbs before. I I guess I dont know.

Yes, I was mistaken on the choke part, as I hadn't started going through it very much, and my brother had taken a look at it before me.

1 minute ago, Arifaeth said:

Yes, I was mistaken on the choke part, as I hadn't started going through it very much, and my brother had taken a look at it before me.

I just figured you guys would have rebuilt yours carbs in the past, as it's a good maintenance task to do anytime a carb sits dry for more than a year or two

I tried once and it exploded like a rebix cube on the bearing/spring part.

Stock carb are more elaberate.  the Weber DGV is simplicity at its finest ,even the rebuild kit is so EZ.

Some people are good at it I was not . and when they do it still dont run right. If one can find a place that has the rebuilt one in stock and you turn your old one in mite be better.

ebay might have some option on the rebuild kits

I used to buy the kits but said hell with it once I got a weber, plus you can use the stock linkage from the Hitachi to bolt the linkage up to the DGV. Might have to shim but its doable

as for the idle one can try to adjust the mixture screw at the base of the carb with the tension spring on there. turn it in or out till it runs better, and then try adv or retard the dist to get it running where you want it

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
3 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

I tried once and it exploded like a rebix cube on the bearing/spring part.

Stock carb are more elaberate.  the Weber DGV is simplicity at its finest ,even the rebuild kit is so EZ.

Some popel are good at it I was not . and when they do it still dont run right. If one can find a place that has the rubuilt one in stock and you turn your old one in mite be better.

ebay might have some option on the rebuild kits

I used to buy the kits but said hell with it once I got a weber, plus you can use the stock linkage from the Hitachi to bolt the linkage up to the DGV. Might have to shim but its doable

At this point in time, (I don't want to sound rude or anything) I'm only looking for of someone knows where to find a rebuild kit. I'm not wanting Any ideas for swapping it with something, or anything like that, I purely just need new gaskets, and would rather spend $30 on new gaskets, than $180 or more on a new carb.

10 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

https://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/1970/nissan/521_pickup/carburetion/carburetor_repair_kit.html

I picked 1970 but not sure what yours is  but since its a manual its under 1971

Thanks man! I appreciate it, I had found one on rockauto, but i don't know how to order from them, or if they're parts are any good. Figured I'd end up talking to a guy I know, or calling Nissan 😂😂

• Like 1

Nissan never recovered after Renault bought them in '96? Last few times I went I gave hem a part number and the first god damn thing out of their mouths was "What vehicle is this for" OR "What's the VIN?" followed by "we don't go back that far" OR "NLA". (mostly NLA) Not one in any way offered help or suggestions for someone with a 45 year old Nissan. They just couldn't be bothered with any kind of challenge other than punching in a VIN code. Fuck Nissan and their useless lazy millennial workers.

Compare that to '98 when the parts manager spent 2 hours looking up flywheels and transmission input shaft comparisons to safely hazard that a Z24 pilot bushing should work on a '78 L20B 620 truck. And it did. Once they moved to their new location there was a woman parts manager who couldn't do anything without VINs. "You want fries with that"?????????

• Like 1