510 BRE front spoiler

JK510

Hi,

I'm interested in buying one of the BRE lower front air dams for my 510. But when I look on the BRE website although the part itself is reasonable at around $200 they want over $400 for shipping with fed ex to the UK..!

Can anyone recommend a seller with cheaper shipping fees...?

Thanks,

JK

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, obrut said:

I noticed the same thing and I'm here in the states.  The shipping here is almost the same price as the spook.  Troy Ermish sells bre stuff too, maybe check with him - https://www.ermish-racing.com/bre-fiberglass

Crazy, cuz we buy parts for other cars out of the UK often & shipping costs are not that bad.  I'm afraid it is what it is from the USA to the UK, cuz of the bulk of the package.

If you get some other 510 guys to buy the same (I know, not many 510's in the UK!), the spoilers would "stack" together, so the size/dimensions of the package would not necessarily increase with more of them.  The weight would increase marginally cuz only fiberglass, but the bulk/dimensions of the package are the big issue! 

FYI Troy Ermish is on his way to Road America right now, loaded with 510 vintage race cars, so if you inquire, you may not get a response right away.  He should be back in CA mid next week..........only reason I know, is cuz I usually go to the same event.........😐

• Like 1
11 hours ago, yenpit said:

Crazy, cuz we buy parts for other cars out of the UK often & shipping costs are not that bad.  I'm afraid it is what it is from the USA to the UK, cuz of the bulk of the package.

If you get some other 510 guys to buy the same (I know, not many 510's in the UK!), the spoilers would "stack" together, so the size/dimensions of the package would not necessarily increase with more of them.  The weight would increase marginally cuz only fiberglass, but the bulk/dimensions of the package are the big issue! 

FYI Troy Ermish is on his way to Road America right now, loaded with 510 vintage race cars, so if you inquire, you may not get a response right away.  He should be back in CA mid next week..........only reason I know, is cuz I usually go to the same event.........😐

I may email BRE, I've just bought a lot of parts from T3 recently (GTX2 Control arms, outer tie rods, rear coil overs and roll centre adjusters) so thats far more weight and possibly size than a spoiler I am sure and with Fed Ex it was only $325 so surely  $411 is too much to pay, makes the spoiler over £500 before duty...!

The group buy is difficult too as there are so few of us over here.....

And I had a bad experience with Ermish so I wouldn't even contact them, thanks though.

I'll keep trying and if I get anywhere I'll report back 🙂

JK

Edited by JK510

FYI I emailed BRE and the actual shipping price was far less then what the website had listed for FEDEX.  I also asked if they would use my work UPS account and they said yes so I ordered a spook.  I've wanted to get one for a while but the shipping price stopped me from getting it.

I wont know the shipping price until it gets here and I take the paper work into the office to pay for it.  Its nice that the place that I work at allows me to do this.

I think you should email them see if they can give you a actual quote.

• Like 2

I received my spook and took the paper work into the office to pay for the shipping.... $8.82  I asked if they could double check that was right and they said it was.

I went back and looked on the website and something is different from the last time I checked about a year ago.  I placed a spook in the cart and the fedex ground delivery from Nevada to Illinois was $82.81  This used to be $150-160 something. 

Maybe something on there site did not calculate it correctly and now its fixed?

On 9/23/2021 at 6:00 PM, obrut said:

I received my spook and took the paper work into the office to pay for the shipping.... $8.82  I asked if they could double check that was right and they said it was.

I went back and looked on the website and something is different from the last time I checked about a year ago.  I placed a spook in the cart and the fedex ground delivery from Nevada to Illinois was $82.81  This used to be $150-160 something. 

Maybe something on there site did not calculate it correctly and now its fixed?

I emailed over a week ago now, but still haven't heard anything, and just checked the website as you suggested but still showing as $413.34 Fed Ex economy.....not sure where to go now...

Cheers,

JK

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 8:25 AM, JK510 said:

I emailed over a week ago now, but still haven't heard anything, and just checked the website as you suggested but still showing as $413.34 Fed Ex economy.....not sure where to go now...

Cheers,

JK

Just an update really, I emailed BRE again just incase the first message never made it and a really helpful chap called Monty emailed me and long story short the spoiler will be with me next week at a much better shipping rate than the website states.

Great service from them, would highly recommend 🙂

Cheers,

JK

• Like 1