Twenty Years Ago Today

Today I wept. 

I wept for thousands of souls I never knew.

20 years.

WTC towers 1 and 2.

Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

The Pentagon.

Take a moment today to remember those who perished.

969279-9-11-attacks-file.jpg

911-Flight-93-Shanksville-crater.jpg?res

Aerial-View-of-Pentagon-Damage.jpg

Never forget.

Weep for them with me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I took this shot in July, 2001 with no clue of what was to come a few months later. I can still remember hearing the news when I got in my car to go to work, they where talking about a building burning, so I got out of my car and look towards downtown, but nothing. Then I went back in the house and turned on the T.V. to see that it was New York that was being attacked. 

I was working for a company that did Trade Show exhibits, and hence the reason I was in New York in July of that year. After the second plane hit and we got the news about the other planes, that is when we knew the world was changed forever. Then suddenly it hit me, nothing was going to move, and we had people out in the field at shows. Then it was a mad scramble to get them home. 

One of our salesmen was in New Jersey when it happened and tried leaving, but no flights. And then he tried renting a car, but they where all out. The only thing they had was a van, so he grabbed it and then got up on the counter and yelled out that he was driving to San Diego, and if you where on the way, he would give you a ride. He quickly filled up the van and made a bunch of new friends. Last time I saw him, a few years ago, he said some of them where doing small get togethers to remember their journey home. 

My shipping and receiving agent lost his friend, Jason Dahl, pilot on Flight 93, who he had been talking to prior to this about their upcoming High School reunion

May God Rest Their Souls

Manhattan.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, greybeard said:

Yes, a sad day indeed, watched some of the specials about that day last weekend.

I could only watch for a short time before having to change the channel.

remember that morning  like it was yesterday.

I have ignored mainstream news media and politics since before this happened, but it couldn't be ignored. Still, I avoid news, and the build up every year.

But I never forget.

Although I didn't know anyone personally that perished, I have known many who did.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about that day, and all the people affected, even if only for a moment. Today, like every year, I spend more time reflecting and thinking of the innocent people who were mindlessly going about thier days, completely unaware of the horrors about to unfold. Everyone I talk to I try to engage them in remembrance and ask that they  also take a moment to pause and reflect.

If there is one, I hope all those responsible burn in Hell forever for raining their hatred upon our lives.

Edited by Racer X 69
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I remember turning on the news that morning just in time to see the second plane hit the second tower 

I remember the exact job and jobsite i  i was at and the eerie silence in the sky for the next 3 days while we were trying to figure shit out 

it was truly a sad day  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2