78kingcab

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, 78kingcab said:

So got the windows tinted and some new king cab seals.. lots of body work.. 

IMG_20210426_175024999.thumb.jpg.9501dc18e615ae3ce8e75ecc7cc67296.jpgIMG_20210516_123842115.thumb.jpg.dba32cc6322030743d7b815cecbef87c.jpg

Where did you score the new king cab seals ? Were they the ones for the trim or no trim ? Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1
On 10/10/2021 at 8:41 AM, 420n620 said:

Where did you score the new king cab seals ? Were they the ones for the trim or no trim ? Thanks in advance. 

Hey 420n620 , I met you back n the day at I think canby, remember??like 2010 lol.. anyway got the seals from vintage rubber and they do not accept the chrome trim.. very nice seals tho... I'd like to keep chrome but can't get the seals and I already did the front and rear window seals so I'm taking all the chrome trim off... Anyway the seals I think were like 80 bucks shipped .. honestly I can't remember... 

Edited by 78kingcab
  • Like 1
On 10/11/2021 at 2:37 PM, svswan said:

Looks like a sweet find even if the engine wasn't as advertised.  Looking forward to seeing how creative you get with it ;-}

Got any ideas? I'm thinking for something to do a walk thru.. I could always weld it back in if I change mind.. I had a few kc walk thu"s and kinda want one

So I did the roof first and thought I'd work my way down for fine tuning of body work and forgot what I was doing and sprayed the whole thing.. uggg it's so bright I can't even stare at it... Should be a fun time sanding it back off... So I'm going to take break and drive it for a bit B4 I go round two.. but I'll get interior in for test fit... 

IMG_20210920_120329323.jpg

• Like 1
19 hours ago, 78kingcab said:

Got any ideas? I'm thinking for something to do a walk thru.. I could always weld it back in if I change mind.. I had a few kc walk thu"s and kinda want one

You mean cut a pass through from cab to bed, join the cab and bed, and then meld in a bed cap?  Add a good shag carpet kit, maybe hang a small disco ball?  That sounds fun.  Kinda like High School ;-}  You could replace the grill with a big cheshire cat grin.  Add electroluminescent wire between the teeth for effect.  People will wonder what's going on in the back of that truck....

• Haha 1
On 10/18/2021 at 4:32 PM, svswan said:

You mean cut a pass through from cab to bed, join the cab and bed, and then meld in a bed cap?  Add a good shag carpet kit, maybe hang a small disco ball?  That sounds fun.  Kinda like High School ;-}  You could replace the grill with a big cheshire cat grin.  Add electroluminescent wire between the teeth for effect.  People will wonder what's going on in the back of that truck....

I like and yes ... Hmmm let's see if I can score a canopy this week I already got the seal .. and I'll weld bed to cab so seal will only go around  canopy .. disco ball hmmm... 

On 10/17/2021 at 9:07 PM, 78kingcab said:

Hey 420n620 , I met you back n the day at I think canby, remember??like 2010 lol.. anyway got the seals from vintage rubber and they do not accept the chrome trim.. very nice seals tho... I'd like to keep chrome but can't get the seals and I already did the front and rear window seals so I'm taking all the chrome trim off... Anyway the seals I think were like 80 bucks shipped .. honestly I can't remember... 

it was 2010, you still had your red 510 ka at Canby. Think you sold it shortly after that.   

I checked Vintage Rubber site and they are $90. They don't offer the 1/4 cab seals with the trim but that's ok, my 78 doesn't have the trim. How are the corners laying down ? Been wondering if the corners are molded or the seal is just a straight seal (glued ends together) and they stretch around the corners. In time the corners seem to want to crack from shrinkage / age.  🤔

Hey, you still have them lighten up Datsun glasses ? Those were pretty cool. Went to look on DMT but couldn't locate the thread. 

• 9 months later...
On 10/21/2021 at 7:50 AM, 420n620 said:

it was 2010, you still had your red 510 ka at Canby. Think you sold it shortly after that.   

I checked Vintage Rubber site and they are $90. They don't offer the 1/4 cab seals with the trim but that's ok, my 78 doesn't have the trim. How are the corners laying down ? Been wondering if the corners are molded or the seal is just a straight seal (glued ends together) and they stretch around the corners. In time the corners seem to want to crack from shrinkage / age.  🤔

Hey, you still have them lighten up Datsun glasses ? Those were pretty cool. Went to look on DMT but couldn't locate the thread. 

Yeah there here somewhere. Lol you really got a good memory.. I had the light op fan that said 78 king cab is a pimp too. Lol... I totally forgot about that stuff... In 2011 I had no option but to sell everything and I boxed up so much stuff.. I'm now just getting into the storage and finding bits hear and there. . As for the seals I do see the prices are going up as everything is.. I just ordered another set of kc seals and a back window seal for my kc.. I cannot figure out how to put pics or video on here anymore. I have so much to show but I just can't figure it out... As for those seals there like a perfect circle . So when you stretch around the window the sides like to buldge out.. I used a small rope to install and the went right in and took like less then a minute to pop in. Honestly the look and fit great.. plus I installed right when we had rain for days and not a drip of water or any sigh so I'm very happy.. 

• Like 1