Bonvo's project fox

imma say something that might get me shot here but..... toyota did park bench bumpers better then datsun compressed the bumper mounts and tucked the rear bumper in tomorrow the front 

q8raSc1.jpg

J8MRckZ.jpg

CCiasTf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I nicked all four bumper shocks on my 710 with an angle grinder, let the high pressure oil out and pushed the bumper in about 3? inches. Looked way better. Couple of years later I sectioned '62 Chevy II bumpers and welded them on

14 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

I nicked all four bumper shocks on my 710 with an angle grinder, let the high pressure oil out and pushed the bumper in about 3? inches. Looked way better. Couple of years later I sectioned '62 Chevy II bumpers and welded them on

its strange these had foam in them i think these tucked in maybe 4 inches? just really cleaned up the back of the car

• 2 weeks later...

did some wheeling and dealing and now project fox has a face 

GXSB1ci.jpg

sqknrgW.jpg

JpojpJY.jpg

jsWZNJl.jpg

ALxb4lR.jpg

UbwHIOu.jpg

i then did the bumper tuck up front 

4x5nEK4.jpg

nvipEXy.jpg

long hall garage episode 9

Edited by bonvo
  • Like 3

here's some old pictures of my corona I had for a short time.. Little newer than yours I believe.. Yours should be an awesome project.. love that you have youtube videos will make this build a bit more fun to follow... thinking about doing park bench push in on my b210 atleast for the time being until I maybe get some 120y bumpers or something. 

1558121786_20160120_110303_zps2vdqzihq(1).thumb.jpg.07b7936a47d59dc6288c410ac3f562a0.jpg1154789107_20160120_110246_zps1lqrmjbn(1).thumb.jpg.e3cd968b6673e4474c8fc5ce1d7d7954.jpg

• Like 1
18 hours ago, sick620 said:

here's some old pictures of my corona I had for a short time.. Little newer than yours I believe.. Yours should be an awesome project.. love that you have youtube videos will make this build a bit more fun to follow... thinking about doing park bench push in on my b210 atleast for the time being until I maybe get some 120y bumpers or something. 

1558121786_20160120_110303_zps2vdqzihq(1).thumb.jpg.07b7936a47d59dc6288c410ac3f562a0.jpg1154789107_20160120_110246_zps1lqrmjbn(1).thumb.jpg.e3cd968b6673e4474c8fc5ce1d7d7954.jpg

that thing is nice yeah the bumper tuck is actually easier with a datsun due to the shock mounts being oil filled as for the youtube channel it makes it easier to just record what im doing rather then stop and take pictures that and its allowing me to get back into something i haven't been able to do for a long time and thats film editing took classes for it back in high school but things have changes so much since then im basically relearning from scratch 

• 1 month later...

well i discovered a vacuum leak which explains why it didnt want to idle so i pulled the intake manifold off t0o replace the gaskets figured while i was there i would give it a port job all back together now but still doesnt want to idle not sure why ran out of light episode of long hall garage is up 

5DnygFn.jpg

OuQweZo.jpg

9cFkIO8.jpg

R4T8uns.jpg

VVJOgvr.jpg

Doi2zqg.jpg

U2tIDkt.jpg

bdGiKWe.jpg

9rBaB0b.jpg

CyezfUa.jpg

qOZYk45.jpg

M8uXOfo.jpg

Ef2TByX.jpg

rQXI8rf.jpg

SWcuD09.jpg

cLxICDC.jpg

rMYQ5pg.jpg

Edited by bonvo
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

decided after getting it all together fixing vac leaks and still not having any secondary that i was tired of fucking around with it i liked the idea of keeping it all stock since it this original but i dont want to nickel and dime myself to death to do it so i ordered up a brand new weber 38/38 kit 

3PixhoB.jpg

• Like 2

because its a 2.6 liter 6 cylinder my 32/36 on the 610 just barely cut the mustard on the l20b so a slightly bigger carb for the added displacement and ported intake made sense

Edited by bonvo
  • Like 1

well went to work this weekend removing smog stuff and about a mile of vacuum lines and a bunch of potential leaking diaphrams got the adapter plate bolted down and started to work out how to make the linkage work that is going to be a challenge for sure

xv1f930.jpg

Oz1V3jO.jpg

gonna have to convert to cable but that leads to a few other problems the parts hoard saves the day again this time in the form of a square body chevy gas pedal

6xu1NhW.jpg

finally got around to cleaning out the back of the car and found the original tool bag! shame it doesnt have the tools anymore but still cool 

Xvs0A0Y.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

ive been busy busting ass on this thing and yes multiple episodes of long hall garage are coming i have fabbed up a kick down bracket for the weber removed the stock throttle pedal replaced the front main seal and completly overhauled the cooling system(with an aluminum radiator for a 510 non the less) been a lot of waiting on parts still waiting on my fan controller throttle cable lower radiator hose and valve cover seals but here are some pics of the progress once its all done ill be editing up some video

new radiator

vxy2OZq.jpg

some much needed degreasing 

9QWlQUX.jpg

initial mock up was blown away that if it wasnt for the 90 on the lower radiator hose outlet i could use factory hoses

xbZI9cx.jpg

e3NYDdh.jpg

old radiator was baaaaaaaaad

cuviAQp.jpg

sjaB15F.jpg

249VdAv.jpg

mounted for fan and trans cooler mock up 

b1yXJ3l.jpg

xh2Gq98.jpg

vWTjQHa.jpg

aKgmlJ3.jpg

with the radiator perminantly mounted you can see how close the factory rad hoses are 

Dpa8uBq.jpg

pulled the valve cover so i can put a screwdriver in the cam gear so i can tighten the crank bolt thing is surprisingly clean in there valve cover also got a coat of wrinkle black (still drying in the pic)

OBzzGjN.jpg

dyHhnKl.jpg

radiator mounted for the final time with fans and trans cooler

y3I6VCZ.jpg

ctMXBue.jpg

lJVRCIy.jpg

trans cooler plumbed

RdZYsxh.jpg

fabbing up kick down linkage

LXslIMR.jpg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

One push one pull??? This is what I did on my car. The Subaru twin fans were too wide to sit side by side.

yeah i one pusher and one puller they fit side by side but the fan to water pump clearance was really really close and by going this way it leaves more room for belt changes and other maintenance 

Same here. The water pump side is a pusher on the front and the other one pulls air in from the back. There's a small 2 inch overlap but? so what. With twin wires I just reversed them to change direction.

• 3 weeks later...

waiting on all new ignition system parts and im slowly getting video footage edited but over the last few days i decided i had had enough with the oxidized paint 

started old school with a good ol comet bath

8RjotCQ.jpg

makes a major difference getting rid of all the oxidation

hWySbxf.jpg

Ccu76Ne.jpg

3vmnjnJ.jpg

mwaK5Of.jpg

today i took the buffer to it and got it as good as it can get cause if i went any harder i would start to go threw paint 

jd9vzoc.jpg

PIfWJUq.jpg

RpdugOF.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...