Bonvo's project fox

To all the old timers on here you may recognize this picture

1121091257.thumb.jpg.79525974b5e704f6292a9e30a6a78c03.jpg

as you can see that is an old station wagon in the driveway while my 610 is on the street well...... i now own both cars

IMG_2567.thumb.jpg.5011ed997a5cdc5f443aa2027de5974a.jpg

a little back story this is my grandpas 1974 toyota corona mark 2 wagon. I had told him years ago that I was interested in it if he were to ever part with it. well about a year and a half ago he passed away and his sister is handling his estate. turns out he left it to me. Ironicly, my dad got my orignal yellow 610 from him. He is kinda the family vintage jdm dealer

IMG_2568.thumb.jpg.210a08bdbc3c052bfa99438e3a31b58d.jpg

IMG_2569.thumb.jpg.741d30561b71359086cbdaecb1dfab7d.jpg

she needs a few odds and ends like a grill and a driver tail light lens but other then that totally complete and original

IMG_2570.thumb.jpg.6fe31420e40e1d23c780d76c7f3715ae.jpg

IMG_2571.thumb.jpg.cbd86ccc8b20110f339a3fb2a6a4232a.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMG_2577.thumb.jpg.a15b7842da2614cc414147efd53a7706.jpg

IMG_2575.thumb.jpg.4a3384d6103fa481f4a1eb39e229d052.jpg

IMG_2573.thumb.jpg.328136338e4fcc073961aec4c0114e5a.jpg

still have to go get the car from cali (there will be a video on that) but plans are simple get it running bolt the 610s old slot mags on it lower it find a grill and rear tail light and drive it 

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Nice car Jon. Can't get over how like the 710 is to the Toyota back then. Did you take the driveshaft out for towing?

they really do have similar side profiles yeah i dropped the driveline didnt want to hurt the trans and it was only 8 bolts 

• Thanks 1
On 12/6/2021 at 7:07 PM, bonvo said:

it has factory ac

rhvYX0z.jpg

FWIW, this was installed by the dealership, not the factory. Most Japanese cars did not come over from Japan with A/C pre-installed until later on. OEM Japanese A/C would use a rotary compressor, not the big York single piston compressor (dead giveaway to dealer installed). 👍

And I love this car.  😁

• Like 1
8 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

FWIW, this was installed by the dealership, not the factory. Most Japanese cars did not come over from Japan with A/C pre-installed until later on. OEM Japanese A/C would use a rotary compressor, not the big York single piston compressor (dead giveaway to dealer installed). 👍

And I love this car.  😁

i was just surprised to see a compressor in there lol im planning on making it function as this is destined to forever be a cruiser 

i freaking love it to my wife isnt thrilled i brought another one home but i couldnt let it get crushed especially with all the memories attached

• Like 1

I have the round rotary compressor in my '76 710. No way it's dealer installed with hoses draped all over the engine. Pipes are copper and properly and neatly bent and neat looking. The A/C unit is integrated into the heater and NOT an under the dash add-on.

13 hours ago, bonvo said:

i was just surprised to see a compressor in there lol im planning on making it function as this is destined to forever be a cruiser 

Not sure you can use that AC compressor since it wasn't professional vacuumed and sealed. I'm seeing open lines where moister can get into the unit. You'll have to remove what you got and replace it all. 

On 12/10/2021 at 8:48 AM, datzenmike said:

I have the round rotary compressor in my '76 710. No way it's dealer installed with hoses draped all over the engine. Pipes are copper and properly and neatly bent and neat looking. The A/C unit is integrated into the heater and NOT an under the dash add-on.

That doesn't mean it's not dealer installed. 😁

Plenty of cars came over with the the parts to convert it to A/C in a box in the trunk and they were installed at the port or the dealership. I worked at a Honda dealership in the 90s and we had one guy who did nothing but convert Civics to A/C. You would think a '92 Civic had "factory installed" A/C, but it didn't. 

Companies like ARA and Calsonic made all the conversion parts to put A/C on your Honda/Mazda/Nissan/Toyota, and made them look exactly like "factory" stuff. 

lhC4H10.jpg

On 12/10/2021 at 11:02 AM, 420n620 said:

Not sure you can use that AC compressor since it wasn't professional vacuumed and sealed. I'm seeing open lines where moister can get into the unit. You'll have to remove what you got and replace it all. 

Bonvo, for what it's worth it's not too tough to repurpose those mounting brackets for something like a Sanden 508 compressor? The York's never cooled the car much anyway, especially not wagons. 😁

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...