Brake Booster

Bp72D521

I have a 72 521 with the Mklotz balljoint conversion and a big brake kit off the d21 hard body v6, and it just doesn't have the stopping power. What sort of brake boosters and master cylinder kits are people running on d21 front brake swaps? Would using the d21 booster work and work well? Also it is a stick, so there is a clutch cylinder next to the old brake master.

• Like 1
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am  running a 620 booster (stock in my truck) and a 280 15/16 master. Works great. 

D21 Booster and master should also work great if you can fit them in there. 

The early 620 has a small diameter booster for tight spaces. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

If you have good fabrication skills, you could use the large booster by moving the clutch master/pedal assembly over a bit and mount the large booster directly to the firewall, instead of using that long booster mount, like on the later 620s.

The 620 booster spacer isn't much different than the B-210 but the 720 spacers are really huge.

1981 720 4x4 SD22 build - Page 2 - Nissan Forum | Nissan Forums

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

Go automatic trans and loose the clutch master, this opens up many possibilities.

42 minutes ago, d.p said:

@datzenmike Can you temporarily ban @charlie69 from posting in the 521 section?  I swear some of his advice is so wrong it will never be right in a million years.  Swtich to automatic?  I mean that is sacrilegious at best.  

GIF chin scratch chin rub election debate - animated GIF on GIFER - by  Kazuru

I asked Hillary to look into this. She said she might have a solution not involving being banned. I think that fair to Charlie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

I asked Hillary to look into this. She said she might have a solution not involving being banned. I think that fair to Charlie.

I guess that's the end of Charlie.

Edited by mainer311
  • Like 2

I have been here much longer than d.p so I really do not think I will be going any where.  d.p try contributing instead of whining.

By the way when you d.p have over 40 plus years experience in 320s, 520s, & 521s then talk to me.

I guess we have another Ratsun member with sand in his vagina!  LOL

Edited by Charlie69
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
18 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

I have been here much longer than either d.p so I really do not think I will be going any where.  d.p try contributing instead of whining.

By the way when you d.p have over 40 plus years experience in 320s, 520s, & 521s then talk to me.

I guess we have another Ratsun member with sand in his vagina!  LOL

Time =! expertise my man.   You have been doing this for over 40 years yet you are today, in the lords year 2021, recommending people switch from a manual to an automatic. So I really got no idea what you have been doing other than swapping manuals for autos over the past 40+ years.    And come to think about it I have gotten more knowledgeable insight and direction from mainer and crash then I have from you and those guys have been here as long as me or less.  

I have no sand in my vagina, let alone have a vagina.  I am just here telling it like it is.