Plastic Door Rod End Clips

henry

Hi,

So I'm referring to those little plastic connectors that would connect a metal rod to a lever ( like what's behind the lock tumbler for example ).

Where does one find that sort of thing. Can we buy them specifically for a certain vehicle?  Mine are mostly shot & the connections are sloppy.

Thank you,

Henry

1971, 510 SW

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I have a parts breakdown picture of it but no part number. Looks like it is included in the lock assembly.

Got a wagon for parts, might have it, just want to make sure I know what it is. Could you post a pic of it ? 

while at the shop today,  I checked and it was not there.  

Edited by 420n620
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, henry said:

Hi,

So I'm referring to those little plastic connectors that would connect a metal rod to a lever ( like what's behind the lock tumbler for example ).

Where does one find that sort of thing. Can we buy them specifically for a certain vehicle?  Mine are mostly shot & the connections are sloppy.

Thank you,

Henry

1971, 510 SW

Mine were all dried out and mostly cracked when I took them off.  At either O'Reilly's or AutoZone (or possibly both) they sell a bag of misc plastic clips.  They are in the "Help" section, and I found one or two types of clips that worked.  

16 hours ago, datzenmike said:

I have a parts breakdown picture of it but no part number. Looks like it is included in the lock assembly.

image.png.e39b981df8c613e33ce54b5e0090659e.pngI believe the part number is 38418 ( ROD RETAINER ) & yes it is included in the lock assembly. i hope i did this right.

15 hours ago, 420n620 said:

Got a wagon for parts, might have it, just want to make sure I know what it is. Could you post a pic of it ? 

while at the shop today,  I checked and it was not there.  

Thanks a lot for checking it out!  I appreciated.

Henry

On 7/23/2021 at 7:14 PM, Duncan said:

Matt found exactly what I bought..

Dorman 75450 Door Lock Rod Clip Assortment

This or equivalent at AutoZone OReilly's etc 😁