Rough/ Wont idle whistle from carb massive CO under hood

Jbone32

Hey hows everyone doing? Hope all is well. Ive been running the little truck with no problems for some time now and the other day it stopped idling at stop lights and dies. Wont idle at all. Fuel is good. Last week the exausust got loud at the muffler and is broke at the inlet. Today carb "Webber" about 4 months old" started making a whistle at about 1500 buy i cant find any leaks. Is it possible to have a plugged exhaust?..im just trippin out cause i cant even work; under the hood with it running cause my eyes start burning and tearing up from CO. Is it possible that the exhaust could be blocked without a cat?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are all the plug wires on?

The adapter plates for the Weber tend to come loose. They get over tightened and crack. Take the carburetor off and inspect the gaskets,bolts and studs.  If loose use a thread locker.

Do you still have the PCV valve?

Check all of the intake for vacuum hoses that may have fallen off.

Cool thanks mike..all the plug wires are tight at plugs and cap..still using points but i replaced em like 3 months ago. All this seemed to happen so suden. ill pull the carb off tomorrow and check for cracks/leaks. From the bottom plate of air filter i have pcv hose that came with carb to valve cover. All the hoses seem to be in place

Hey DatzenMike i took carb off adapter plates were loose aded threadlock runs perfect..as always you saved my ass. This is my only vehicle right now im almost done with ambulance conversion. Think you could pop over to oild burners diesel message board and solve my hard start problem 😂. Seriously though as always your help is much appreciated. 

Yes sir love this truck, drove it 700 miles last month to a wedding with no issues. I was using it to get by until the diesel was done but im going to keep it. Everywhere i go people want to buy it. Actually got pulled over by a cop that wanted to ask me if i had a price ..Seems to me with maintenance it will outlive me. Again thanks for the help as always

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Jbone32 said:

Actually got pulled over by a cop that wanted to ask me if i had a price ..Seems to me with maintenance it will outlive me. Again thanks for the help as always

There was an officer that did that to me once while I was driving my 510. 30 years later, he and I are good friends still.