Grill badge and bonnet trim?

Valvebounce

I'm dropping my grill and front spoiler off to the painter tomorrow, to be refinished. 

My grill badge will need the white in the datsun lettering redoing . (I've got some Nissan Arctic white which should do the job) 

But I'm wondering if the vertical panels with the pattern in them would have originally been blue/red or not?Screenshot_20210712-212522_Gallery.thumb.jpg.3c7128b22e239e4d8defef740fee91d5.jpg

Also, what colour should the trim on the front of the bonnet be?

Black, or grey like the grill?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Valvebounce said:

That looks expensive. Lol

Ebay, you know it. lol $250.00 cause inflation...... Condition is "New". This is the early one with chrome around letters. 1972 to 1975 years. >>>  https://www.ebay.com/itm/154522086846?hash=item23fa3bedbe:g:MgkAAOSwxipg5d2b

62305-B5000 was through '77

62394-B9500 is for '78-'79 grills. The '78-'79 grills are totally different. The emblems look the same but I think the attachment to the grill is different. One, probably the early, has notches to match the vertical grill fins the other doesn't or doesn't match somehow. I put an early grill on my '78 and the '78 emblem did not fit the early grill exactly. I wired it on.

10 hours ago, Valvebounce said:

Also, what colour should the trim on the front of the bonnet be?

Black, or grey like the grill?

Like the grill, grey/silver. The trim is metal unlike the grill but the nuts rust and if removed the y snap off annd no way to put back on

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Next question,

My painter dropped the bonnet back today. And I've slapped it back on. (As well as one person can by themselves/probably try again when I have a helper) 

Now I can look at improving the bonnet trim, and reinstating the fixings. But which way up does it go? Thin strip to the top, or bottom?

Screenshot_20210904-161605_Gallery.jpg

12 hours ago, Valvebounce said:

Next question,

My painter dropped the bonnet back today. And I've slapped it back on. (As well as one person can by themselves/probably try again when I have a helper) 

Now I can look at improving the bonnet trim, and reinstating the fixings. But which way up does it go? Thin strip to the top, or bottom?

Screenshot_20210904-161605_Gallery.jpg

Thin section goes to the bottom. 620 looking great. 👍

• Thanks 1