Powerland III PNW 6-11/12 2022!

jbirds510

Only problem with that is the venue is also used by the public, non show folks. 

I do have opinion on all this but just trying to find the right wording to do so.

Edited by Farmer
  • Like 1
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bradicuss said:

Would adding $5 to the gate cover the additional costs? No one would mind paying a bit more to support the community.....can't even get a gallon of gas for that these days.

I dont want anyone to have to spend more, Honestly Id like to make it MORE affordable. Everything is expensive these days. Lower cost is a unicorn I think we can catch, just takes more participation. Changing the date to better weather and no overlapping of events should do the trick. Its atleast worth a try? 

I should have never mentioned the money aspect. I cant put that genie back in the bottle. Its really unimportant to the big picture. The big picture is everyone get out of the house come see your friends have a good time talk cars talk life grab those needed bits to make your ride a little better. Enjoy the museums, grille up some food and share a spot to enjoy a meal together, set aside differences and celebrate the hobby and everyone’s contributions to it.

if I lose a little cash its not the end of the world so long as its spent on something that makes me and you happy.

Edited by jbirds510
  • Like 6
6 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

I dont want anyone to have to spend more, Honestly Id like to make it MORE affordable. Everything is expensive these days. Lower cost is a unicorn I think we can catch, just takes more participation. Changing the date to better weather and no overlapping of events should do the trick. Its atleast worth a try? 

I should have never mentioned the money aspect. I cant put that genie back in the bottle. Its really unimportant to the big picture. The big picture is everyone get out of the house come see your friends have a good time talk cars talk life grab those needed bits to make your ride a little better. Enjoy the museums, grille up some food and share a spot to enjoy a meal together, set aside differences and celebrate the hobby and everyone’s contributions to it.

if I lose a little cash its not the end of the world so long as its spent on something that makes me and you happy.

I want your babies. 

• Haha 4
22 hours ago, bradicuss said:

Would adding $5 to the gate cover the additional costs? No one would mind paying a bit more to support the community.....can't even get a gallon of gas for that these days.

I mind, thats lib thinking, the real answer is getting more cars in the gate at the same price.  Promotion, change of date and again promotion. 

• Like 2

You need regional volunteers from n. Washington, vancouver, Portland area, Eugene, southern or. And nor cal.  Tell them they get a free t shirt at the show by locally promoting and bringing their squads.

Street team also distributes printed flyers to local auto parts stores and car meets. Scaled down flyer to 1/4 sheet of paper for economical distribution. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, reza said:

You need regional volunteers from n. Washington, vancouver, Portland area, Eugene, southern or. And nor cal.  Tell them they get a free t shirt at the show by locally promoting and bringing their squads.

Street team also distributes printed flyers to local auto parts stores and car meets. Scaled down flyer to 1/4 sheet of paper for economical distribution. 

Wait so shirts and flyers wont drive the cost up more ? Does that all cost money or do you have a hook up on free shit. Someone has to pay for it.. Volunteers is the only thing you said that's free, except there time. 

On 6/16/2022 at 11:15 AM, jbirds510 said:

Jay dont make tis a shit show, its your show now. period. Small think tank is all thats needed. To many people with bright ideas and someone gets there feelings hurt when not used or not smart. Ill try to get this guy to make you a LOGO. Incorporate the Datsun and Powerland logos in one. give me some time.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

Wait so shirts and flyers wont drive the cost up more ? Does that all cost money or do you have a hook up on free shit. Someone has to pay for it.. Volunteers is the only thing you said that's free, except there time. 

Show wont survive without promotion, the pics are fun to look at on the internet but the feeling at the time, I was there, was that it was on its last legs. I'll pay the 15 dollars for flyers, shirts or whatever will be paid for by abundance of admission due to promoting, More cars means more revenue for the park. 

All good ideas, all ideas appreciated. We will have a great show next year whether 5 people or 500 show up cuz the spirit of it is undeniably fun based. I think people will come out if the sun is out and the rest is just details that get added or subtracted.

Edited by jbirds510
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, reza said:

Show wont survive without promotion, the pics are fun to look at on the internet but the feeling at the time, I was there, was that it was on its last legs. I'll pay the 15 dollars for flyers, shirts or whatever will be paid for by abundance of admission due to promoting, More cars means more revenue for the park. 

Thats elementary. I commented because you said you mind. Do you mind paying more ? Seems like the comment about minding meant that you where complaining about paying more. Im not here to argue just want to help him out, cash is no problem. As they say it ain't cheap to look bitchin.

• Like 1

Thanks for putting on the show this year, and I'm sorry I didn't seek you out to say so when I was there on Saturday. I was disappointed more people didn't show up just because of the weather, I mean it's the fucking PNW, it rains here. I had a good time, and got to see some awesome Datsun folks I haven't seen in a while. 

I appreciate the idea of keeping the cost down, but I don't think it's fair that you should have to pay money out of your own pocket to make it happen, not to mention all of the time you spend getting things set up with the folks at Powerland, which is a cool venue. Here in Portland I have been to several motorcycle rides hosted by the Sang-Froid Riding Club.  They don't charge anything to ride at the events they host, which take place for the most part on public land and roads, but they do put out a donation box. With the donation box if you can afford to toss some cash in you can, and if you can't it's no big deal, they're glad to have you. I would gladly throw you a few bucks for you efforts next year if it meant I could show up and hang out with some cool Datsun folks next year.

• Like 2
On 6/23/2022 at 6:29 AM, 68Datsun510 said:

Testing this link to my photos from the event, "shouldnt" need to log in

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10220998956263607&type=3

@hobospyderyou requested pics, they're in there 😃

it works awesome pictures 

thanks Cody 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 9:42 AM, Tdaaj2 said:

I had a good time, great to catch up with folks, somebody started humping my van, figured it was time to leave. Next year will be better I’m sure.

Who did that humping thing, the nerve of some people. Probably not even a Datsun person.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I keep telling myself that I am going to make it to this event  again, but then the day arrives and I can't.   weather has been an excuse  o have used, also I make a point to attend Kickin it Old School on the same Saturday as Powerland.   By the time Sunday rolls around, I just haven't wanted to chase my kids around at another event.   I also figure that a lot of people have left before I could get there on Sunday.    

Maybe next year. 

I don't remember seeing much in the way of promotion,at least not on social media.   That might be something to look into for next year.   

I understand Jbirds point about not wanting to charge more.    I have resisted charging for any of our club events, but it's looking like we might to have to start, at least for Silver Falls. 

I make a point to tell people to attend Powerland, but it would be easier if I had more information to give them.

Next year, if you want to bring an event poster to the dealership, I will gladly put it up at the counter in the parts department.    I also make a point to promote other clubs events on our social media pages.   For example, I just shared Dan's event post about Blue Lake on every page i am a part of, and also on both of our social media pages.   If you send me a link for next year's Powerland, I will do the same for that also.

• Like 2
On 7/19/2022 at 9:15 PM, Loren said:

I keep telling myself that I am going to make it to this event  again, but then the day arrives and I can't.   weather has been an excuse  o have used, also I make a point to attend Kickin it Old School on the same Saturday as Powerland.   By the time Sunday rolls around, I just haven't wanted to chase my kids around at another event.   I also figure that a lot of people have left before I could get there on Sunday.    

Maybe next year. 

I don't remember seeing much in the way of promotion,at least not on social media.   That might be something to look into for next year.   

I understand Jbirds point about not wanting to charge more.    I have resisted charging for any of our club events, but it's looking like we might to have to start, at least for Silver Falls. 

I make a point to tell people to attend Powerland, but it would be easier if I had more information to give them.

Next year, if you want to bring an event poster to the dealership, I will gladly put it up at the counter in the parts department.    I also make a point to promote other clubs events on our social media pages.   For example, I just shared Dan's event post about Blue Lake on every page i am a part of, and also on both of our social media pages.   If you send me a link for next year's Powerland, I will do the same for that also.

here is info for next year later in the year to not compete with rain or kicken it old school

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...