Powerland III PNW 6-11/12 2022!

jbirds510

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought it was a good turn out. Always a pleasure to hang with you guys. Gonna do my best to bring a Datsun next year. lol. Still driving home. About 5 hours to go. See you all next year!

52141975163_51f468c0ac_b.jpg

• Like 6

So I went and checked out the other show for the first time yesterday, some cool cars, saw Wayno’s old black and white 320 there, some dipshit kid was referring to it as a “3 series” datsun. That didn’t go well( wanted to throat punch the little shit).  Any way it’ll be the last time I go. Promoter mentioned on stage that they started to let Datsuns go so they wouldn’t run off to the datsun show that had been going on prior to it on the same weekend. So. Jaybird, I want to help make next year better. I like the idea of letting other makes in, but If it means attracting dipshits in like the 320 kid in, idk. He was pretty righteous about making it past the age of 21.

• Like 5

Thanks to Jay for continuing to keep this show going! Had a great time, lots of 510 wagons, Including mine I think there were 6.

I sold some stuff I did not need and bought some stuff I did need. Even got more information about some parts on my wanted list. Plenty of good conversations and car talk.

I am ready for next year in July and Powerland IV

Glad I made the 5 hour shakedown cruise for my VG33 swapped dime. Sunday was rainy, and no one was showing up so we drove the 5 hours home.

Nice to talk with Jay again even though I did not recognize him from three years ago - sorry Jay. 😞

Other people posted photos, I'll have to check my phone and see if i have something other people missed.

Once again, great meet up!

• Like 5
22 hours ago, Tdaaj2 said:

So I went and checked out the other show for the first time yesterday, some cool cars, saw Wayno’s old black and white 320 there, some dipshit kid was referring to it as a “3 series” datsun. That didn’t go well( wanted to throat punch the little shit).  Any way it’ll be the last time I go. Promoter mentioned on stage that they started to let Datsuns go so they wouldn’t run off to the datsun show that had been going on prior to it on the same weekend. So. Jaybird, I want to help make next year better. I like the idea of letting other makes in, but If it means attracting dipshits in like the 320 kid in, idk. He was pretty righteous about making it past the age of 21.

Thats unfortunate that guy is a hater. He can have that weekend. I moved to Oregon in time to catch the last 2 canby’s and when It ended I just wanted to do something to support the community and offer oregon and neighbors an event to prevent or reduce the void the loss of canby created. I honestly didn't even know about that OSR show until recently. Had I known wed have just moved the date. Not fair to make Datsun lovers have to choose. It looks like a great show and I cant blame ANYONE who  went. Anyway whatever, he can have it. There wont be a powerland datsun on that weekend next year. 

Edited by jbirds510
  • Like 4

Id like to thank everyone who came out.

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

As many of you already know Ive moved a couple states away and had one of the worst years to date in my personal life and it prevented me from adequately preparing for the drive up and because of it suffered a pretty dramatic car failure on the way and would like to extend a special thankyou to the the datsun keeper (james), hang510 (brian), peanutbutter cups (kenny), cody mould, dav (Dave) and Anonymous waffle (joe) for selflessly picking up the slack and being at the ready to help me still get this year into the books. Im truly grateful to you guys. 

Now for the gathering next year..Due to an abysmal attendance and the OSR show I took a couple days to really assess whether I was willing to do it again.
 The event WILL have another year but it will be in mid July.

Date to be finalized soon and a flyer created but expect second week in July. Ill start the new thread and FB when that happens.
  The weather will be nicer and there should be no overlap of events. It will remain billeted as a datsun show, however any metric pre 1985 will not be turned away. There will be a separate area for them so folks who'd like to see them wont have to walk out to the parking lot to see them and the folks who bring them can enjoy camping with their cars like we all do. 

More local support would be nice also. 

thanks

• Like 8
1 hour ago, jbirds510 said:

As many of you already know Ive moved a couple states away and had one of the worst years to date in my personal life and it prevented me from adequately preparing for the drive up and because of it suffered a pretty dramatic car failure on the way and would like to extend a special thankyou to the the datsun keeper (james), hang510 (brian), peanutbutter cups (kenny), cody mould, dav (Dave) and Anonymous waffle (joe) for selflessly picking up the slack and being at the ready to help me still get this year into the books. Im truly grateful to you guys. 

Now for the gathering next year..Due to an abysmal attendance and the OSR show I took a couple days to really assess whether I was willing to do it again.

Date to be finalized soon and a flyer created but expect second week in July. Ill start the new thread and FB when that happens.
  The weather will be nicer and there should be no overlap of events. It will remain billeted as a datsun show, however any metric pre 1985 will not be turned away. There will be a separate area for them so folks who'd like to see them wont have to walk out to the parking lot to see them and the folks who bring them can enjoy camping with their cars like we all do. 

thanks

Jay good to hear. Seems like some power land stickers and shirts are in order. maybe some people can chip in and make it happen. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, jbirds510 said:

thanks

Thank you for all you do, and to everyone who helped make this year happen as well. I had a great time, it was my first year going and I hope it continues for a long time because I plan to make it every year from now on. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, wayno said:

The issue with changing the date is there are other shows/meets, Silver Falls is this coming weekend, I do not remember when Shed is, I would say do not change the date, leave it that second weekend in June.

No know conflict. The new date is the option available from the venue. Supporting Powerland is as important to me as supporting the datsun community. The venue represents Oregon’s rich history and without support they won’t survive, they exist on donations and support. As an individual broke dick not for profit operator this decision to navigate around haters is 3 fold, 1, survival of the event 2, survival of the venue 3, make enough for the venue that I don’t end up holding the bag on the venue rental. The third is new, this was the first year I had to go into contract with them for a minimum revenue expectation and due to the afore mentioned drawbacks I don’t think we met them this year. This is on me and me alone, I knew the risk.

There were other reasons this happened besides attendance that I won’t go into but that is where we stand. I appreciate the interest and support and because I claim no ownership of this event (it’s ours not mine), I’ll do my best to share all values and concerns related to the event as they arise.   

• Like 3

@thisismattI haven’t gotten the final numbers but the gate fee was close, the bond however I think was all me. A few Hundo. Which I can sell a couple parts from my stash later in the year to cover so nbd, I chock that up to a learning curve. It’s the entrance cost that matters most because that is what the location runs on for daily operations. I think a later date with better weather, no school/graduations will improve attendance. What would make the biggest difference if more locals showed support. 

Edited by jbirds510
  • Like 4
6 hours ago, jbirds510 said:

@thisismattI haven’t gotten the final numbers but the gate fee was close, the bond however I think was all me. A few Hundo. Which I can sell a couple parts from my stash later in the year to cover so nbd, I chock that up to a learning curve. It’s the entrance cost that matters most because that is what the location runs on for daily operations. I think a later date with better weather, no school/graduations will improve attendance. What would make the biggest difference if more locals showed support. 

I will do my best to make it up there next year. Charge what you need to put a few dollars back in your pocket. Do you have a logo or looking for one, I might have someone that can put something together for you. Or if you would like I will help you with that. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, mrbigtanker said:

I will do my best to make it up there next year. Charge what you need to put a few dollars back in your pocket. Do you have a logo or looking for one, I might have someone that can put something together for you. Or if you would like I will help you with that. 

Heck yeah man! That would be great to have you join us! I may take you up on that! I have a guy but hes a little flakey haha

• Like 2