Powerland III PNW 6-11/12 2022!

jbirds510

Sorry hobo. My bro is just super defensive cuz He just got back into datsuns and it just isnt like it was 25 years ago like he remembers and hes concerned that if Theres enough negative feedback (people arent into it) ill get discouraged. But let me continue to reassure everyone here we are going to keep this going until noone wants to do it anymore! 2022 is gonna be a great get together! 

Also a couple of recent changes, with covid on the backend most of the museums and miniature railroad are anticipated to be opened up and operating so those who came last year and those who are new will get to explore so much more and have a richer experience this year! Also the scaled railroad museum should be HUGE and its got whole cities tied together throughout the  massive building and that should be really enjoyable to check out as well! 

again sorry hobo! You HAVE been there all along and I appreciate that!

Edited by jbirds510
  • Like 6
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I almost messaged you just to say hey yesterday Jay. I've got some thick skin so no issues on my side other then telling him he needs to learn how to take a joke

Looking forward to it brother, you've been a wonderful host so far and I'm sure this year will be a banger just like the last couple covid be damned

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

working hard to get one of the datsuns ready! Just had a z20 block completely rebuilt with new pistons for girlfriends 521, and I just freshened up a head... I am the one putting this thing together so fingers crossed its reliable enough to drive from idaho 🙏 ... it'll be all new parts and untested on a long trip so we might be having a 1 datsun campout somewhere near bend 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

We hanging out in Datsunville Thursday night, 9th June. Then our yearly Oregon caravan to Powerland. Use to be caravan to Canby. 

Great stopping place for those driving from LA or surrounding areas. Last year we had 3 hahaha. 

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...

trying to figure out if we are driving a datsun or not. GFs 521 is just barely finally running but it has only been tested around the block... Pretty big gamble to drive it from idaho i'm thinking... we might tow it, might just drive a modern non datsun...  if I get the bugs worked out next weekend and drive it to work for a couple weeks before the show then we may drive it. 

• Like 2
On 5/21/2022 at 9:08 AM, hobospyder said:

little miss won't be back on the road yet but i may try to drive annie down. just need to change the battery and get tabs

otherwise it'll be the subaru again

we don’t care if you ride a burrow ,,, just show up ya bastard . 

• Like 1

Don’t know if I’ll be in a datsun this year but I’ll be bringing parts for sure, wagon hurts my back, 521 has front brakes only and kingcab , we’ll it needs a distributor and carb work. I’d work on it but my back still hurting from driving the wagon last weekend.

also, I need a new password to log in, so for now I’m just a guest, or pest 

• Like 1
On 5/31/2022 at 9:00 AM, Farmer said:

I SURE HOPE THE WEATHER FORECAST CHANGES BY THAT WEEKEND, CAUSE RIGHT NOW IT LOOKS LIKE A REPEAT OF LAST YEARS

Mine says friday the 10th am showers and 75 saturday 11th partly cloudy 77 sunday 12th partly cloudy 75. But thats a forcast for 10 days out 😂😅

I am hoping to drive this to the show, it is almost there although the paint job is terrible.

DSC00325.JPG.b53122ab032e7b8c5af396d771c3f9cb.JPG

DSC00326.JPG.e36e6391c8ec8f2cda29ef05ce81dd5a.JPG

DSC00327.JPG.0500c3391c8a3019c738d560241b3389.JPG

DSC00328.JPG.8872ce349fcdc54ec7135bdc78fbdcce.JPG

The right front brake needs some work, I need to get it safe to drive and I need to believe it will make it, it appears to run just fine, it has new fluids in everything except the rear axle.

DSC00338.JPG.f7d48a9b988bcfb6e0168ce0ac4740da.JPG

DSC00341.JPG.a422a24edb054e4f8aa3193c01b60239.JPG

Edited by wayno
  • Like 11