Oilspot

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, pidge said:

I’m not even sure this is the correct set for this truck, but it came with mine. I hope this helps you a bit. 

Yeah that helps a bunch! If that's the og setup I'd love to find one. But for the time being I can bend one up with a L crank handle out of 1/2" round stock. 

May have to restore my jack also!!! She's feeling a little dry when cranked!!!!

Edited by Oilspot
19 minutes ago, datsunfreak said:

No, it never does.  😄

🤣. I ended up pulling the shifter out of the base. It was easy enough. I could imagine pulling the bottom half assembly turning into more than i bargained for, and I need my truck back on the road asap! 

V01Nbj0.jpg

Got the carpet in most of the way this morning. Decided to take a break before I come back and clean up the edges. I know my works cleaner when I'm fresh and I don't want to risk over trimming anything and making it look like crap. 

• Like 8

I know i've seen it on here before, and I've seen where it's for sale, but I can't seem to find the damn seal/ strip things that go into the doors. The ones that the window slides up on and into at the top of the window frame. 

somebody point me in the right direction please. Mine are trashed, keep falling out, and it's only a matter of time before I close one of the doors and the damn window breaks because it's floppin' around. 

36 minutes ago, Oilspot said:

I know i've seen it on here before, and I've seen where it's for sale, but I can't seem to find the damn seal/ strip things that go into the doors. The ones that the window slides up on and into at the top of the window frame. 

somebody point me in the right direction please. Mine are trashed, keep falling out, and it's only a matter of time before I close one of the doors and the damn window breaks because it's floppin' around. 

They are all over ebay?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334294276929

There are generic versions that fit also, just need to check the measurements. 

Since I was doing it anyway and DF beat me to it.

This stuff?

bfEuQLm.jpg

I have always called it glass run. May still be available from Nissan. May still be somewhat spendy as well.

CeTSV5x.jpg?1

• Like 2
On 10/26/2022 at 8:11 AM, KELMO said:

This stuff?

I have always called it glass run. 

The old school domestic guys call it "window channel felt", so that's what I searched. 

22 hours ago, Oilspot said:

What's currently (kinda) in my truck is metal backed. Is that not whats supposed to be in there?

The original ones are metal backed, but you cannot buy that anymore. Even if you buy the "correct" stuff from the dealer, it will just be rubber backed. I bought some from the Courtesy Nissan back in the late 90s, using the 510/521 part number, and it was all rubber backed. They told me at the time the metal backed stuff was NLA and would not be coming back.

The metal backed versions do stay stuck in the groove better, so I usually put some 3m weatherstrip adhesive on the rubber backed stuff, then roll the window up while it cures. Seems to work very well that way, and it does not fall down later (like it may if you don't glue it). 

Edited by datsunfreak

RgdLZga.jpg2ennSQy.jpg

I guess I'm collecting little bitty trucks for a hobby now. My wife saw this, and long story short we own it now. It's a dodge raider, which is actually a rebadged Mitsubishi Pajero. Things got a 1" shorter wheelbase than a samurai. 

6'2" roughly 215lbs. Yeah this makes as much sense for me as the 521! 

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

I've been busy for a few months now. Decided to sell my property and move from NM back to Florida so I can hang out with my dad. I swore I'd never move back, but well i guess things change!

Anyhow, I got the carpet and seat done. Still needs some finishing work, but that's gonna have to wait. I need the truck to haul shit to the dump etc. and I've run into a dumb problem....

What size studs are on the 521 seat rails, the ones between the sliders and the truck?  Not sure if they're standard or metric, fine/ course... 1.00 or 1.25. They're not the same as the 620 rails and the nuts not the same as the ones that secure the slider to the seat rail. (I left the hardware on the 620 sliders i had assuming they were what I needed)

as far as i can tell they're not m8x1.25, nor are they 5/16 - 18.   

are they m8x1.00 or 5/16 - 24?

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

v7QbzrG.jpg

Picked up, (what appears to be era correct... without any supporting research), an era correct topper for the truck. I started looking for one because I hate driving the truck during the summer! The sun blazing through the back window on my neck makes it pretty hellish. 

Found it local for $35 on marketplace.  The more I look at it, the more I fall in love with it!

Quick question.... And I'm sure I could find the answer searching, however I'm in a bit of a time crunch. 

I can't remember exactly what year rear 4x4 datsun/ nissan springs fit the 521, to lower the rear. I'm thinking I remember 84-86!?!?!?!?!?

I'm being sent up to Albuquerque for training this week. I had looked a while back and a few scrap yards had some for sale. I'd like to have them pull them so I can pick em up on my way home. If I don't grab em here, I'm not sure what I'll find when I move to FL here prettty soon.  

• Like 2