KA24DE Oil Pickup/ Sump Questions.

I pulled a KA24DE block out of the junkyard from an '01 Frontier to swap into my 210. I'm planning on running a 240sx oil pan but the oil sump has me questioning my sanity honestly. The 240sx oil pickup is off the front of the motor on the timing cover and the pickup I pulled off is on the side of the crank valley. So the question is; am I able to run the 240sx setup if I block off the pickup or am I stuck flipping the crossmember and running the mid engine pickup with a rear sump? Help me Forums, you're my only hope... 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3B8ys25.jpg

The '01 truck oil pan will look somewhat like the bottom pan above. The truck KA24DE has an external oil pump on the front right side. (upper left in picture) The oil pan has a slight notch and is not squared off like the back of the pan.

240SX Oil Pan Gaskets - Best Oil Pan Gasket for Nissan 240SX - from $9.49+  | AutoZone.com

The KA24DE from a 240sx has an internal crankshaft driven oil pump in the timing cover and IS squared off at the front.

s-l96.jpg

The DE pan from the '91 and up 240sx is not going to fit the DE from the truck.

However... In the picture, the bottom pan is from a truck KA24E with the external oil pump.

The top pan is from an '89 KA24E single cam with external oil pump from a 240sx.

As long as the 240sx KA24E and the later 240sx KA24DE use the same pan gasket you could use the earlier car KA24E pan on the later KA24DE truck engine. That would give you a front sump pan for your car.

Does this help your sanity????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, datzenmike said:

3B8ys25.jpg

The '01 truck oil pan will look somewhat like the bottom pan above. The truck KA24DE has an external oil pump on the front right side. (upper left in picture) The oil pan has a slight notch and is not squared off like the back of the pan.

240SX Oil Pan Gaskets - Best Oil Pan Gasket for Nissan 240SX - from $9.49+  | AutoZone.com

The KA24DE from a 240sx has an internal crankshaft driven oil pump in the timing cover and IS squared off at the front.

s-l96.jpg

The DE pan from the '91 and up 240sx is not going to fit the DE from the truck.

However... In the picture, the bottom pan is from a truck KA24E with the external oil pump.

The top pan is from an '89 KA24E single cam with external oil pump from a 240sx.

As long as the 240sx KA24E and the later 240sx KA24DE use the same pan gasket you could use the earlier car KA24E pan on the later KA24DE truck engine. That would give you a front sump pan for your car.

Does this help your sanity????

Slightly. I'm only wondering now if blocking off the sump in the crank valley and using the front sump is going to grenade my engine or not..

The '91 and up 240sx KA24DE oil pan does not fit the truck block!!! It's over and done!. What you're asking isn't going to work so worrying about using a front oil sump/grenadeing the engine isn't the question. 

Get the '89 through '90 S13 240sx oil pan and the oil pick up tube. (11110-40F00 for the pan) It's in the picture I posted. The top one is mine and from an '89 S13. I'm guessing that the KA24E and KA24DE use the same oil pan gasket, so find out. Or buy one and see if it fits your truck engine. I think it should. If yes then the E oil pan will also swap onto your DE truck engine.