Lsd identification and questions

DavNova

Recently bought this, identied as a h190, possibly with r180 plates. 

ffTmDe5.jpg

J358LgN.jpg

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/WdOsYmw

Have a 79 620 rear end I'm wanting to put this into. (SR20 powered)

Didn't know if anyone had any information if this was indeed a nismo unit or not, and if I shouldn't use these possible r180 plates? Maybe use r200 plates instead? 

Also saw in other threads a spacer might be needed for the bearings.

Any help or advise is appreciated.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what the soccer-mom's later Pathfinders were. They didn't like the chirping hopping tires turning corners on pavement in a 'truck' that never saw a dirt road. So Nissan trimmed 100 pounds off the break away force.

Weight and traction are important. Has to be enough of both to overcome the clutches so they slip and uncouple when making a turn. Too much break away needed and you may as well weld it solid. Too little and there isn't enough lock up to be effective in a straight line. 

The '88-'93 D21 Hardbody had a CLSD option. If you can find a factory service manual on line it would show how to check the break away torque with a torque wrench for a 2wd truck. The Hardbody would be similar to the 620. If you don't mind pulling the differential apart to get what you want I guess this won't matter. I had an '82 Grand Prix Pontiac with LSD. It was un-noticable when driving around town on pavement, very light setting. On soft surfaces like sand, mud/dirt or snow both wheels would spin.   

• Thanks 1