222 tailgate plates

nicklp

Anyone ever seen these? I mean the stamped steel (or aluminum?) plate that says Datsun.  I think there was also a plate on the other side of the tailgate that showed the weight capacity of the truck. My truck has holes on each side of the tailgate. If anyone has one or both I’d love to see a picture and some measurements 

11013D3A-61AB-40A5-BE59-46CC08FC607C.jpeg

08703402-E041-4671-B0A0-02B6DE8DB4D6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are flat and painted. The 62 and some of the 63 320s did not have tail gate lettering and had decals. I don't know about the later years. I got some measurements off a 222 and made the DATSUN metal plate like the 222 one. I even made fake rivets. I never could find out what the English weight sticker was supposed to say, so I just made it up to balance the DATSUN side.

plates.jpg

Edited by stevecar
added info
  • Like 3

Steve, those look great! If I could pull that off they'd be the nicest part on my truck right now.... It seems like I've seen a picture of the weight plate with some Kanji on it that would look cool, I'll post it if I see it again

• Like 1