Headlight bucket assemblies

Valvebounce

Today I picked up my headlight buckets from the electroplaters.  My original ones were bent from a frontal, so I picked out the best from a box of rusty old spare crap. Gave it a mega soak in acid and scrub with a small wire brush first. (The player turned me away the first time, said they were too rusty) 

I got them back today all shiney and gold. Naturally i was super excited to get them reassembled. (Its been a stumbling block for ages in the reassembly process) 

But it seems like one of my headlights wont fit the bucket. (A high beam)  am I missing  something? (I am pretty tired)

I also saw some buckets say koito type 1, and some say Koito type 2. I really thought they were all the same? 

What am I doing wrong? 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay,

I had another crack at this while less tired. It appears the type 1 are the high beam, and the type 2 are the regular headlights. They must be different to stop mongs from fitting high beam lights into the regular bulb spots. It was remarkably fiddly putting the assemblies back together.  With the bulbs secured into the buckets, I couldn't hook up the spring. Might have been different without the bases being screwed to the car. 

• 1 month later...

I just gave up for the night working on my 620 on the same problem. Also has been a holdup for me. My truck has three buckets marked "Koito Type 1" and one marked "Koito Type 2". I am about to put two high beams on the Passenger side (RH here) and one high on the side nearest traffic.

Would love to see what someone has on an original car.

Was searching this topic when I found your thread.