Hope for America (as opposed to "destruction of")

Jesus Christ.

Its a good thing you aren’t all standing around together with a pistol strapped to your hip having this conversation.

Someone might get butt hurt enough to draw down and shoot someone else.

Ease up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Racer X 69 said:

Jesus Christ.

Its a good thing you aren’t all standing around together with a pistol strapped to your hip having this conversation.

Someone might get butt hurt enough to draw down and shoot someone else.

Ease up.

If we all had a pistol strapped to our  hip, this conversation would not be happening, and two guys are not even in this country! 

• Like 4
On 6/14/2021 at 9:14 PM, Fetch said:

So Mike, you cherry pick what I write to fit your narrative. Typical liberal thinking, equate it to something that has nothing to do with our rights. Pure drivel. 

No mention that we have worked with the police to  keep them informed of the laws.

So screw you, you have no dog in the hunt.

On 6/14/2021 at 9:41 PM, datzenmike said:

I was trying to agree with you. Hence the 'absolutely'. Not all OC are on a 'power trip or are 'attention whores'. Just like not all Miata drivers...

Fetch thats what I was getting also. 

This is a very serious subject to me, I have worked hard over the years to inform people of their rights. It just pisses me off to continually (not just Mike, I have heard it before) have the right to bear arms equated to some gay guy in a miata or some guy making up for a limp dick.

Americans have the right (not a privilege from the government) to own and carry firearms any god damn way we choose.

I have written my piece and make apologies to no one.

"Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."

— Tench Coxe, Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, the Hope for America is to encourage everyone to avail themselves of their rights, arm themselves OC & CC and with fewer restrictions to gun ownership? If for no other reason than to protect themselves from those that do own. Teach the police that they are no longer in control and have to accept this fact every time they interact with a 'citizen' who may be exercising their rights. Pretty much you could do away with the police and they could just write traffic tickets.

On 6/14/2021 at 5:58 PM, datzenmike said:

all dual wheel diesel 350 Super Duty Ford owners over compensating for a deficiency.

If they live in an apartment in the city, then yes ALL.

On 6/14/2021 at 4:42 PM, Fetch said:

The open carry movement around Spokane Wa was big about 10 years ago. I was involved in writing the Spokane PD training bulletin on OC. The Spokane Co sheriff also wrote a bulletin on OC emphasizing it is not illegal.

I work downtown and CC during the winter but it is hard to CC during the summer so I OC. I see transients walking around with pipes and baseball bats on a daily basis, I just keep my distance.

It is not a "power trip" nor am I an "attention whore". The more people that OC the more it will become common place.

On a side note, I was just in Colorado and saw a guy OC at a Walmart (it is legal to OC in Colorado), from what I could tell no ran screaming from the building.

For me, protection from the gov is a whole different story, too long to get into here.

Hard to conceal in the summer? Get a couple short sleeved "Tony Soprano" shirts, sized to fit loose, wear them untucked like Soprano, get a soft belly band holster, they fit so well, you will forget you’re carrying.  Carry a small frame revolver, or 1911 commander frame semi-auto,or a PPK,  another option is the ever popular ankle set up but if you take that method, be sure to alternate ankles or it can mess up your gait and create back trouble. Either option, you're carrying concealed and Bob's your uncle.

I was in Spokane, in the late 90's and worked for the county DA. Lived in a beautiful, old, apartment in Browne's addition, with a four star sexy chica. Great things rarely last, I skillfully hammered it all to hell and limped back to ID.

But. I digress. some of the important details are lost in type. I have a "bucket holster" rig and a clone .45LC SSA, in nickle. Wearing that to get groceries, or rake the yard is my right, but would be problematic for self defense and cunty thing to do. I can tell when someone is carrying most of the time, as I get older, I am not as diligent and awareness is a perishable skill. Anyway, if I see someone carrying, I make a mental note and move on. Most of the people frightened by guns, do not understand guns, and it wouldn't take much effort, summer or winter or whenever, to carry, right next to them, without their knowledge.

I make no excuses for some gun bloodhound sniffing all over everyone looking for excuse to wail, but wanting to OC  with emphasis on the O, is placing your comfort over the discomfort it will cause (if worn in populated areas,I'm am thinking downtown, or at some public event) And if that isn't enough of a reason, in the extremely unlikely event of a pre planned single or multiple attacker mass casualty event, a visible weapon makes you a target. So right before the action starts a "bad guy" strolls up and ends you. I fail to see the upside of Open carry, and this is coming from a guy with parent's (mother and father) that carried and still carry, everywhere and everyday. It was a confusing for me, as a child, to learn that not every adult was carrying a gun all the time. I would question, "What are they going to do when the bad guys come?"

• Like 1
3 hours ago, nick83gts said:

The only weapon you will be able to own is a Kentucky Rifle with a scope on one end and a flashlight on the muzzle.

But of course your local government will classify Black Powder as a high explosive [which it is] and outlaw it ,so your Black Powder rifle will be useless.  Pyrodex and other substitutes will be blanket outlawed since they duplicate Black Powder characteristics, so no relief there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, MikeRL411 said:

But of course your local government will classify Black Powder as a high explosive [which it is] and outlaw it ,so your Black Powder rifle will be useless.  Pyrodex and other substitutes will be blanket outlawed since they duplicate Black Powder characteristics, so no relief there.

Hair spray and a BIC lighter?

• Like 2

I went with my wife when it came out. WoW we were emotionally wore out by the end. We saw the early showing and when we came out all the people were lined up to go in were looking at us for out reaction and we didn't disappoint them. Out eyes were like saucers and all we could do was silently mouth the words "holy fuck".  

• Like 1

It is no doubt a very intense film that takes a mental toll... Some funny trivia about it, Nicole Kidman was a tender 18 during filming and the crew threw her 19'th birthday party on an uninhabited island. For the scene she seduces Billy Zane, he rips her shorts off with his own strength, no costume prep was necessary. I think I might have done the same thing! 

nicole.jpg

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Logical1 said:

All plastic, little to no regulations, no license, non lethal (mostly), but highly effective!

flaregun.jpg

knowmore.gif

If only they made one in semi auto OR even better get 40mm flares and one of these https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milkor_MGL

import it for "flare use only" so, no need for any registration or import restriction....Who wants to give it a try and report back?

• Like 1