Questions regarding parts for a Datsun 521

njp.18

I'd pass on it for $5500. with all the issues that it's got. With that kind of money you should find a more stock looking one. Have you looked in other state besides California ?

Is your heart set on owning just a 521 ? Why not a 78 / 79 620 that's got ball joints, EI, disc, L20. Just curious.  

• Like 2
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

He's in California. 521 = no smog required. Plus 620's aren't nearly as cool or good looking. Just sayin...

What's the last year for the no smog required in California ?

yes, the 521 is a much cooler looking of a Datsun truck. Got one that's why. 

• Like 2

Offers mean nothing. Cash is king. So making an offer over the phone, email, text, is worthless. Go there and shove cash in his face. That usually works.

When I get offers over the phone or email, I politely tell them that I don't take offers without the person actually coming to look at it first.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

when Im ready to sell mine it will be 1500$  with complete front end!

he might get 2500 in Calif or even east coast

when will you be ready ? This weekend ? PM if your serious. 

• Like 1

Offer lower than Mike suggested you can always come up in price but you cannot go down.  Did you check for bondo al over the truck?  Does the engine numbers match the vin.  Do not pay any money for that truck until you can verify the title against the VIN.

To me this is a polished turd!  I would stay away. 

Edited by Charlie69
  • Like 2
On 6/6/2021 at 6:46 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Don't let $400 worth of details separate you from your dream truck. If you want it, buy it and deal with those small details over time.

Offer him $400 less and see what he says. Worst he can say is no.

There is a lot more than $400 worth of broken parts not counting what is missing and either half done or half assed done.

Look at the painted over crease in the rocker of the only side of the truck shone in the pictures.  Why no pictures of the other side? 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, thisismatt said:

He's in California. 521 = no smog required. Plus 620's aren't nearly as cool or good looking. Just sayin...

9 hours ago, 420n620 said:

What's the last year for the no smog required in California ?

yes, the 521 is a much cooler looking of a Datsun truck. Got one that's why. 

yea I like the 521 a lot better than the newer ones.

5 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

There is a lot more than $400 worth of broken parts not counting what is missing and either half done or half assed done.

Look at the painted over crease in the rocker of the only side of the truck shone in the pictures.  Why no pictures of the other side? 

not sure why there aren't any photos of the other side but the left side didn't look bad in person.

• Like 2

Classic car and truck values are whatever someone will pay. There is no book.

Is a classic Datsun 521 even a classic? Yes, because they have chrome bumpers, a strong (and building)following, and they don't make them anymore.

If you are patient in your search, or are in with a group that knows where there may be one for sale, you can wait for one to fall in your lap, but if actively searching for a classic, expect to pay more. Simply because once a for-sale vehicle has made it to print, the price is double what it would have been when it was sitting in the back forty.

• Like 2

Go to Ratsun classifieds. 521 project in Oregon for $500.00. Get it shipped to Cal. for $1000.00 - $1500.00.

Dream truck, and $3500.00 left to do it your way.

Chopper Jim

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...