RL411 specific

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Draker said:

Your best bet is to place an ad in the classified for the stuff you are looking for. @MikeRL411 would probably know where to find particular bits.

I don't do facebook or other sites.  Leave a message for me on this site.  I have found other vehicle parts that are either direct fits or easily modified. Every thing from 1970 455cu Buick Electrics to Kia Sephias.  I bought my RL411 on 10 March 1968 and kept it runnung ever since.

• Like 3

If you RL411 / 411 owners could share some of that knowledge on what parts are interchangeable, it would be appreciated.

I'm always on the look out for farmer / personal junk yards in my area.

9 hours ago, 420n620 said:

If you RL411 / 411 owners could share some of that knowledge on what parts are interchangeable, it would be appreciated.

I'm always on the look out for farmer / personal junk yards in my area.

the answer is mostly nothing other than long blocks, 520 4speeds  and 520 front door latch/locks  (that little spring goes out you're fucked) and sd22 diesel bellhousings 

I still haven't got out there and took that picture yet. but i'm trying Ringo ,, i'm tryin real hard 

My new excuse is it's eastern wa hot and i'm an old clam.

Edited by bananahamuck
  • Like 1

Front fenders ?  Use 520 or 521 units.  Some of them have the slots for the front turn signals bridging the seam to the front apron rather than being solid [the RL411 has the front parking / turn signal lamps embeded in the apron], if so, fabricate sheet metal or fiberglas cloth patches and finish blending in with light weight Bondo.  The result will be indistinguishable from an original 411 fender'

On 6/4/2021 at 4:34 PM, MikeRL411 said:

Front fenders ?  Use 520 or 521 units.  Some of them have the slots for the front turn signals bridging the seam to the front apron rather than being solid [the RL411 has the front parking / turn signal lamps embeded in the apron], if so, fabricate sheet metal or fiberglas cloth patches and finish blending in with light weight Bondo.  The result will be indistinguishable from an original 411 fender'

Have you tried looking for a usable 520 fender?   You might as well be looking for a 411 fender .. and prices are up in the hundreds of dollars for rust free 

521 has completely different shape on top .. except if course the one they made for like a half a year that most 521 guys will argue , doesn’t even exist. 

On 6/3/2021 at 5:09 PM, bananahamuck said:

the answer is mostly nothing other than long blocks, 520 4speeds  and 520 front door latch/locks  (that little spring goes out you're fucked) and sd22 diesel bellhousings 

I still haven't got out there and took that picture yet. but i'm trying Ringo ,, i'm tryin real hard 

My new excuse is it's eastern wa hot and i'm an old clam.

Some of them parts I've had and didn't see anyone looking for them so it either went bye bye or Jayden71 down in Boise bought it up for his 520 which he just sold a few months ago. But I know where another 520 is sitting in a farmers junk pile with a bunch of B210's hatch backs.  

Oh them door springs are a bitch but my G-son showed me how to install them, my ass puckered up for a little bit. lol 

if you were in Eastern Wa Wa, why didn't you contact me, I got lemons you old clam, lol < I know, it's just an excuse, your forgiven cause your a working guy.  Hey you going to Powerland this year ? 

20 hours ago, bananahamuck said:

Have you tried looking for a usable 520 fender?   You might as well be looking for a 411 fender .. and prices are up in the hundreds of dollars for rust free.

521 has completely different shape on top .

I've got a very good rust free 520 fender, just saying. 

Talked to a guy at a local big box store about DATSUN and it sounds like he has a RL411 in his garage. I'll take my 520 fender over to his place and do some comparing. 

• Like 1
On 6/7/2021 at 7:16 AM, 420n620 said:

Some of them parts I've had and didn't see anyone looking for them so it either went bye bye or Jayden71 down in Boise bought it up for his 520 which he just sold a few months ago. But I know where another 520 is sitting in a farmers junk pile with a bunch of B210's hatch backs.  

Oh them door springs are a bitch but my G-son showed me how to install them, my ass puckered up for a little bit. lol 

if you were in Eastern Wa Wa, why didn't you contact me, I got lemons you old clam, lol < I know, it's just an excuse, your forgiven cause your a working guy.  Hey you going to Powerland this year ? 

I've got a very good rust free 520 fender, just saying. 

Talked to a guy at a local big box store about DATSUN and it sounds like he has a RL411 in his garage. I'll take my 520 fender over to his place and do some comparing. 

ain’t been that Far East in probably 8 years ..

yes I’m going to Powerland,,, I heard there was going to be lectures on how Hillary Clinton would have been so great for our President,  and how apparently Native Americans and Hispanics should be punished/ called racists for making fun of white males for thinking so. 

too soon ?? 

Edited by bananahamuck